Join now - be part of our community!

TV Won't Turn On Immediately (Android 6.0.1)

martiniturbide
Explorer

TV Won't Turn On Immediately (Android 6.0.1)

I'm expericing an issue with the TV that does not allow you to turn it on immediately after some extensive period that is off.

• TV: KDL-50W809C
  • Android Version: 6.0.1  - SVPDTV15_BR-user 6.0.1 MMB29V.S3 3.707 release-keys.

The issue appeared after the 6.0.1 update on the TV on 2016, December 13.

When you turn off  the TV (normal power off, Android is still on) and leave it turned off, after some time, when I came back and power it on with the remote control, it will not respond.

After waiting for two minutes it will turn on with the remote and two things can happen. 1) It turn on the TV normally, 2) It will restart all the TV with the Android boot logo.

I had tried a "factory reset" it will fix the problem for some days, but it will eventually came back. I opened a ticket with Sony support, but they just tell me to do a factory reset again and call them if it starts having issues.

My brother has his own KDL-50W809C and it is experiencing the same issue.

On the US there are people experiencing this issue and reporting it on this forum thread. Is anybody else with similiar issues? Everybody also complains the issue appeared with Android 6.0.1 december update.

Any tips or recommendation are welcome.

Regards

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@martiniturbide

As you are aware, the Marshmallow (Android 6.0) update is still not available for the UK and EU regions.  However I have checked with one of the beta testers and they are not exhibiting these symptoms, however they did in a 'very early' beta release.  So hopefully when we eventually get our Marshmallow release, we wont have these problems that the US and others are getting.

Fingers crossed you get an update quick though - I can imagine it being quite frustrating to say the least.

Cheers

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Hi Quinnicus!

Is there anyway a possibility to parcipiate in a BETA program for Sony Android TVs?

I have asked the Hungarian support about it, but didn't get any replay.

I could help with a KDL-50W809C device.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @djmickey83

Unfortunately there is no official beta test program outside of Sony and its employees with the exception of some YouView testers in the UK.  This means that for the likes of me and you who are not Sony employees, we cannot participate in beta testing of the Android TV firmware.

Cheers

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Hello.

Thanks for your reply.

I think it's a miss that there is no public beta program. I think there are a couple of people here on the forum who could do a much better job at finding bugs :).

profile.country.SE.title
joeldeluxe

Do you know of any timeframe for when 6.0 is coming out in EU? :slight_smile: 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@joeldeluxe wrote:

Do you know of any timeframe for when 6.0 is coming out in EU? :slight_smile: 

Yes I do - unfortunately I cannot share.  Besides, everytime I have posted on the ETA, Sony has made me a liar and delayed it.  But ETA is very soon.

profile.country.SE.title
joeldeluxe

Glad to hear! But then again, hopfully they haven't rushed the update. 

martiniturbide
Explorer

Hi

After my experience here in America with 6.0.1 Android TV on Sony I would be more carefull before aplying any update. There is not fix yet from Sony here. So it would be better to allow a couple of weeks for the brave ones to test the TV and after that update if no issues are reported.

Regards

martiniturbide
Explorer

Hi.

Just to update this thread. Sony released an Android update for the "KDL-55W800C" TVs on America. This is supposed to fix the "power on issue" (that was found out that it was a wifi software issue), but for the moment the people on the America's forum don't confirm that it got fixed.

Here it is the update with dated 18 april 2017.

In my case the update has not been relesed yet for Latin America's TVs for the "KDL-50W809C" model.

Regards