Join now - be part of our community!

Sony TV KD-49XF8796 sound issues

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
dasande5985
Explorer

Sony TV KD-49XF8796 sound issues

I have a Sony KD - 49XF8796. We have the sound set up using a Bose Soundbar instead of using the TV speakers.  It goes into stand-by at night but every time we are turning it on in the morning the soundbar which we have connected to the TV has sound coming out of it as well as the TV Speakers! So when restarting the TV in the morning we need to go into settings and reset the sound to the Audio System and its getting frustrating. Is anyone else having this issue with their Sony Bravia TV's or is there a resolution. 

Many thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@dasande5985 

That’s pretty inexplicable, except for one possibility I can think of.

If the sound is coming from the Bose at turn-on time, then it would seem the ARC is working as it should.

So the problem would seem to be that the TV isn’t muting its internal speakers like it automatically should when it detects that ARC is going on.

Which is a bug, I think, with nothing you can change in the menus to fix.

The first thing to try is a soft reset of the TV; point the remote at the TV and hold down the On/Standby button for just over 5 seconds until the TV reboots.

This may clear the issue; but if not, you will probably need to try a full Factory Reset, however this is done on your model, and hope that that makes it work properly again.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@dasande5985 

You don’t say which Bose Soundbar it is (there are many), nor how you currently have it connected (there are at least three possibilities, depending on which model it is).

But if the soundbar is connected via Optical, this is what will happen.

Can you connect it via ARC with an HDMI cable instead?

profile.country.GB.title
dasande5985
Explorer

Sorry I should have said that. Bose Soundbar 700 connected via ARC. This has just started in the last few months. It's now getting frustrating hence I have turned to the brains in the community for any help.  I've had both items for a few years but this problem has recently started. 

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@dasande5985 

That’s pretty inexplicable, except for one possibility I can think of.

If the sound is coming from the Bose at turn-on time, then it would seem the ARC is working as it should.

So the problem would seem to be that the TV isn’t muting its internal speakers like it automatically should when it detects that ARC is going on.

Which is a bug, I think, with nothing you can change in the menus to fix.

The first thing to try is a soft reset of the TV; point the remote at the TV and hold down the On/Standby button for just over 5 seconds until the TV reboots.

This may clear the issue; but if not, you will probably need to try a full Factory Reset, however this is done on your model, and hope that that makes it work properly again.