Join now - be part of our community!

PS4 Pro connection problems.

SOLVED
pickard11
Explorer

PS4 Pro connection problems.

Hi,
I have just taken delivery of a PS4 Pro and I'm scratching my head a little due to an inconvenience i have encountered.
I already own a KD-65X900C5 paired with a STR-DN1060 surround amp however when i try to pass through the latter as i do with all my other equipment i cannot get the TV to recognise the full 4K resolution or HDR that is being sent to it from the PS4 Pro.
After a Google search i learned that if the console was plugged directly to the TV HDMI-1 slot that would work and indeed it does.
So I'm wondering why all 3 of my Sony products don’t appear to work together which i find a little strange considering.
If i am missing something i would appreciate the help. Just to confirm i am using the latest HDMI cables and i followed all instructions given with the equipment.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The PS4 Pro must be directly connected to the TV via a HDMI cable capable of 18Gbps.  The STR-DN1060 cannot pass-through HDR content as well as the STR-DN1060 only supports 3840x2160 at 4:2:0 / 8 bit at 50/60hz.

Cheers

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

You might also benefit from Dolby Atmos and DTS:X from the STR-DN1080 too considering you have the Oppo 203 player :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The PS4 Pro must be directly connected to the TV via a HDMI cable capable of 18Gbps.  The STR-DN1060 cannot pass-through HDR content as well as the STR-DN1060 only supports 3840x2160 at 4:2:0 / 8 bit at 50/60hz.

Cheers

pickard11
Explorer

Thanks for the reply, i appreciate it.

I had no idea my amp can't handle HDR.

Perhaps a software update could correct the problem?

Or would i need to upgrade the amp in the future?

I also have an Oppo BDP-203 so im presuming that too need to be directly fed to the TV?

Cheers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You're welcome :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I am not aware of a HDR update for the STR-DN1060 - doubt its even on the horizon to be honest.  As you know HDR on TV's and devices is relatively new technology, I am only aware of the STR-DN1080 - which is this years model able to pass-through HDR.  There was the STR-DN1070 (but no longer available to purchase in the UK)

Cheers

pickard11
Explorer

I also have an Oppo BDP-203 4K/UHD player. That too?

Looks like im upgrading!

Anonymous
Not applicable

You might also benefit from Dolby Atmos and DTS:X from the STR-DN1080 too considering you have the Oppo 203 player :slight_smile: