Join now - be part of our community!

No DTS passthrough using SPMC & Kodi apps after Nougat update

profile.country.IT.title
stumpjumper82
Explorer

No DTS passthrough using SPMC & Kodi apps after Nougat update

Hi all,
unfortunately I did the nougat update yesterday on my KD-43XE8096 TV. :frowning2:
After the upgrade there's no way to get out the DTS audio stream on my ampli (that support any kind of stream, included Dolby True HD, Atmos, DTS-HD, etc.)

I can get the Dolby streams decoding but no DTS passthrough through HDMI ARC, on the display of my home theater I saw just "PCM" and there's no sound.
On previous Marshmallow OS I didn't get any kind of problem, I tried several combination on settings on SPMC/Kodi but there's no way to get the DTS passtrough....
I did also a test with the pre-installed Sony Video App and it works without any problem, I can get out the DTS decoding.... what's the problem with SPMC/Kodi apps??? there's a workaround to solve this issue?? There's a way to rollback to Marshmallow??

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Standard Passthrough APIs on Sony are dramatically borken. It is actually quite complicated. Read on here...

Passthrough situation in Marshmallow

Passthrough situation in Nougat

profile.country.CZ.title
mmhorda

I think there should be way more noise about this problem than it is right now.

It's like everybody seems to undersad the problem (3rd party players devs, sony and even probably mediatek) and it seems like nobody is doing anything about it. That's not even funy.