Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-55W755C no audio from Netflix and Amazon prime apps

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
HamsterTV
Explorer

KDL-55W755C no audio from Netflix and Amazon prime apps

I have the audio routed via toslink to my Denon stereo. With the Netflix app if the program has 5.1 audio I get no sound, if I pause the program I can change the settings from English [Original] (5.1) to English [Original] and then I get sound – however this does not “stick” and I have to make this change for every program (even if the show automatically rolls on to the next episode of a series). With the Amazon app I get no sound at all for 5.1 audio shows.

I have tried the same apps via a borrowed firestick and the audio works fine on all programs.

Any ideas of a solution?

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi HamsterTV,

You could try performing a reset or a Factory Data Reset on your Android TV.

Do let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Pascale_F

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
HamsterTV
Explorer

Finally got round to trying a factory reset and this seems to have sorted out the problem. Interestingly the 5.1 option is no longer present within the Netflix app - I wonder how it got stuck there in the first place. 

Anyway, thanks for the help! 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi HamsterTV,

That must be very frustrating.

I would suggest checking for the latest firmware & software updates for your TV and see if this resolves this issue.  You can find more details on how to do this here.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
HamsterTV
Explorer

Hi,

Thanks for reply. Yes I'm on the latest software - had an automatic major update last week. The problem was with the old version as well as the new - I was hoping the update would fix it. I'm now on Version 7.0 Kernel version 3.10.79 Software version PKG5.381.0167EUA.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi HamsterTV,

You could try performing a reset or a Factory Data Reset on your Android TV.

Do let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Pascale_F

profile.country.GB.title
HamsterTV
Explorer

Finally got round to trying a factory reset and this seems to have sorted out the problem. Interestingly the 5.1 option is no longer present within the Netflix app - I wonder how it got stuck there in the first place. 

Anyway, thanks for the help! 

profile.country.GB.title
R0331E
Explorer

Thank you.

Finally, I can enjoy in 5.1 surround, I have tried so many things you would not believe!