Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

I believe this issue deserves a separate thread since it is affecting so many people around Europe. After Sony released the update i put it on a SONY stick and proceed to upgrade, the tv was reporting: 'updating' then it restarted but it did not come back - black screen and led flashing green-orange! Tried all the tricks to get it to work but no luck so far

Lots of people complain abotu this issue on a russian forum: 'Killed sony kdl43w808c, Slovakia, 11/2016. I called Sony support. Told not to turn off the TV set or disconnect it from the Internet, as update should come, correcting this problem'

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

l6ZLMfP3TQlNu.gif

426 REPLIES 426
profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@razvpop

color of the frame/stand and motionflow number. I believe that 805 is 800Hz while 808 was 900Hz or even 1000Hz. But in reality, it doesn't matter.Yet, still pretty lame from SONY to replace motherboard with the one from "different" model.

profile.country.RO.title
razvpop

@kinggo01 ty, I found that info eventually...  I might reset it to factory settings because I done that after service fix it.

Well 200Hz I hope is not a problem, I found the android version is 5.1 and something. I guess we won't get an update anymore.

Hope you get better fix... 

All bests.

P.S. guess what mail I got few days ago: 

Sony want to know my opinion about the TV I just bought. 

And I answered to ask the service about it. 

This is my last Sony product I bought. 

I l sell the DSLR, the Xperia 's and probably the TV's soon to.

profile.country.GB.title
vick18
Explorer

i got it back with a new motherboard

everything is working fine now BUT 5.0 installed. Good repair service i must say

profile.country.RO.title
razvpop

@vick18 is it still 808C? or they put same motherboard like in mine? ( 805C - now)

profile.country.BG.title
BETATESTERONE
Explorer

@razvpop

Well 200Hz is not a problem, except that you paid for 1.000Hz motionflow. That's unbelievable what is happening here in Romania. You paid for a product and now after authorized service repairs you have a downgraded one.

So what's the catch here? Sony is eventually out of replacement motherboards for the KDL-43W808C variant ?

Anyway, really thank's for the info you provided. This will help me, 'cause next Monday I'll call the service and tell them I am not in a hurry, so I won't accept a quickly repaired TV that is (after the motherboard change) a slightly downgraded product.

profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

@razvpop, read this:

http://www.anpc.gov.ro/anpcftp/legislatie/Lege%20nr.%20449(r1)%20din%202003.html

especially art. 8-11

You have rights, contact ANPC and make complaint.

profile.country.CZ.title
Minnik
Explorer

hi, received TV at friday from autorized service and also changed to 805C......

profile.country.RO.title
Solidfire
Explorer

Maybe it will sound stupid to others but i have to ask.

How can you tell that the motherboard is 805c rather than 808c.

profile.country.GB.title
vacalimar

SONY, today is 12.03,2017!!! Wake up!!! Shame on you!!!

profile.country.GB.title
vick18
Explorer

@razvpopwhere can i find out that info?

done. Yes mine is also 805C, holy cow, i cannot believe this

@Solidfirecheck device info: it should be there