Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

I believe this issue deserves a separate thread since it is affecting so many people around Europe. After Sony released the update i put it on a SONY stick and proceed to upgrade, the tv was reporting: 'updating' then it restarted but it did not come back - black screen and led flashing green-orange! Tried all the tricks to get it to work but no luck so far

Lots of people complain abotu this issue on a russian forum: 'Killed sony kdl43w808c, Slovakia, 11/2016. I called Sony support. Told not to turn off the TV set or disconnect it from the Internet, as update should come, correcting this problem'

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

l6ZLMfP3TQlNu.gif

426 REPLIES 426
profile.country.BG.title
BETATESTERONE
Explorer

Please provide a link where I can download the last Android 5.1.1 for Sony Bravia KDL-43W808C, I saw that I can repeat the firmware write process using a USB memory stick. I just rewrite it 30min ago (the status led was blinking white) and after 2-3minutes the TV restart itself, but after restart the status led is blinking in green-orange again. Personally, I think the Marshmallow firmware I downloaded from the Sony Japan site don't have the driver or don't recognise the panel of my unit.

So I need a Sony Bravia Lolipop download link (be it temporary, that's allright), this will help me dig further (I like to try the update again, this time with Lolipop v5 firmware).

Thank you in advance.

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

@BETATESTERONE wrote:
So I need a Sony Bravia Lolipop download link (be it temporary, that's allright)

probably this one: https://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/kdl-2k-2015-android-models-update-ver353...

profile.country.GB.title
VRDR24
Explorer

what now? wait for update or send my tv to service?

Latgalec68
Explorer

It is necessary to wait for updating long. Tomorrow in service take away my TV

profile.country.GB.title
arlarge24
Explorer

I rang in my fault on Monday. Fobbed off rang to arrange servicing Tuesday. Service people said they would have to order motherboard which should be here by Thursday. Heard nothing. Worried there will be a shortage of motherboards now with all these TVs going wrong. No offer of loan tv. Tv not worked since last week and I am paying a subscription to virgin that I cannot view.

Sony going to compensate us for that? Not very optimistic. It's taken nearly a week for Sony to pull the duff update.

I have purchased several Sony items in the past, but this will be my last purchase. Disgusted!
profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

@VRDR24 wrote:

what now? wait for update or send my tv to service?

Sony will probably release a fixed Android 6 update (if they manage to find their mistake) in a few days or weeks

there is no guarantee you will be able to install it on your bricked tv, you might have to send the tv to service anyway

1. wait and see what sony does or 2. send it to service, get it back with Android 5 and wait for Sony to release fixed Android 6

profile.country.BG.title
BETATESTERONE
Explorer

I found a download link for KDL-W43808C that said firmware 3.533, released 07-11-2016.

Can anyone confirm that this v3.533 firmware is the latest Lolipop 5.1.1 update for Sony BRAVIA KDL-W43808C ?

I will try to write this firmware on my broken TV, let's see what will happen.

Gleb_off

BETATESTERONE

nothing!
downgrade impossible...

gaijin7
Explorer

To ensure that your TV remains at optimum performance, the installation of an older firmware is not possible.

Actually we have reached maximum efficiency in power consumption. No image in tv.

subarashiiiiiii.

vetvicka
Explorer

news from czech republic

tv just arrived from the service with new motherboard and Android 5 build 3.533

it tooks 48 hours, not bad have to say.