Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

I believe this issue deserves a separate thread since it is affecting so many people around Europe. After Sony released the update i put it on a SONY stick and proceed to upgrade, the tv was reporting: 'updating' then it restarted but it did not come back - black screen and led flashing green-orange! Tried all the tricks to get it to work but no luck so far

Lots of people complain abotu this issue on a russian forum: 'Killed sony kdl43w808c, Slovakia, 11/2016. I called Sony support. Told not to turn off the TV set or disconnect it from the Internet, as update should come, correcting this problem'

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

l6ZLMfP3TQlNu.gif

426 REPLIES 426
profile.country.BG.title
BETATESTERONE
Explorer

I can go through that menu up and down reaching it's limit. So the menu is not circular, at least this is what I hear using the remote.

profile.country.GB.title
vacalimar

i'm waiting too long, servis here i come...

Tomi2004A
Explorer

The service said: I will get a new TV.They did it to restore but problem with display.So new TV. 

Otherwise it is just 60 days old.

edeale
Explorer

I tried the following solution:

Hi

I just wanted to update you i managed to get mine working.

I did the following: 

1. Unplug the AC from the power
2. Press VOL- and power key on the unit (NOT REMOTE) and keep it pressed in
3. Re-plug the mains, keep pressing the VOL- and Power key
4. The status LED will turn green after approx. 30 seconds
5. Let go of the keys
6. The TV will restart itself 2 times and get back into the initial setup screens
7. Go through the initial setup, but do not tune any channels or register the google account 
8. Once in the home menu, go to settings, Storage and reset and preform again a “factory data reset” from here.
9. Complete the factory reset, when coming back to the initial screen, please complete normally (tuning, google account etc).

It is from Sony and i think i was not holding the buttons down long enough as i never saw the green light till today. I have fully set it back up and running.  

Great now no problems i hope.

By doing this once my TV light went white and there was sound, but screen was black. Seems system was up and working, but picture was not shown. Tried to shutdown TV and do this again but I'm failing. Solution was  from https://community.sony.ua/t5/android-tv/43w755c-multi-coloured-circles-and-reboots/td-p/2297287/page...

Tomi2004A
Explorer

I have been tried but didn't work for me.

profile.country.RO.title
razvpop

@edeale

first steps i did too, but after those ressets the TV still no image, i am hearing only the sound when i first turn on the TV and i have no ideea how to get to the factory reset. can you please tell us after master ressets you got image?

6. The TV will restart itself 2 times and get back into the initial setup screens.

that happend for me but no image - you have image??

edeale
Explorer

@razvpop 

Can't get white LED anymore. I tried like 100 times, but now I have only blinking lights (amber/green) and sound. I tried YouTube share screen option from my phone and there was connection and sound (but black screen) 😕

I don't have image like you. In short; TV is alive with black screen after update and disco lights... 

charlesdavies
Explorer

Update from UK here: authorised technician came to assess TV this morning, has taken it away for further assessment, should have diagnosis by Friday...

masiedog
Explorer

My KDL-43W805 went from the flashing led's back to a steady white which i though was a good sign, it wqas until suddenly the audio came on at absolutely max level, then it wouldnt respond to the remote for about 10 seconds which must have been quite a surprise for the neighbours

called Sony service at 9am and was pleasantly surprised when the call was answered in a matter of seconds,as soon as i explained the problem i was told an engineer had been booked to take it back to the service centre and a loan set will be provided, i have since had a call from the service centre to say they will collect the tv today and it is just possible it might be back by Friday, the caller said they need to fit a new part so i am guessing a mainboard replacement ?

if i had not had a popup onscreen informing me that the new update was available and how to download and install it i would still have a functioning 3 month old tv, so i hold Sony totally responsible for making the update available and encouraging owners to use it by the use of popup messages when in fact something is terribly wrong with the update file or the compatability of the model and the update but in my case at least sony have done the only thing possible and got mine in for repair

profile.country.RO.title
razvpop

guys in what country do you live?!!! when i hear that you get a TV as loan till yours is fixd i get a fakn headache!!!

in my country i hope they wont charge me for transport and repairs :))