Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

I believe this issue deserves a separate thread since it is affecting so many people around Europe. After Sony released the update i put it on a SONY stick and proceed to upgrade, the tv was reporting: 'updating' then it restarted but it did not come back - black screen and led flashing green-orange! Tried all the tricks to get it to work but no luck so far

Lots of people complain abotu this issue on a russian forum: 'Killed sony kdl43w808c, Slovakia, 11/2016. I called Sony support. Told not to turn off the TV set or disconnect it from the Internet, as update should come, correcting this problem'

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

l6ZLMfP3TQlNu.gif

426 REPLIES 426
profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

I suppose we have android 6 after update and crash.
We don't need a reinstallation, we need a good actualization package and a way to apply this.
Perhaps this way not exist, and we need to change matherboard.
My opinion.

profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

@razvpop,

You refer to this procedure? It is for ANDROID 5! Maybe is not OK to do this.

• Put two copies of the firmware file on the same USB stick

• One of them with the original name

• And the other one renamed as 'upgrade_uploader.pkg'.

• Then  connect the USB stick to USB port 2.

• And then see if the update process will start as intended.

profile.country.GB.title
vacalimar

@gabize  you tried this?

profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

NO!

After crash, I packed and sent the TV to service.

profile.country.GB.title
vick18
Explorer

do you really want to give a 2014 copy a try?

profile.country.GB.title
vacalimar

i mean to do this with new update...

profile.country.RO.title
razvpop

TODAY I CONCLUDED:

edeale
Explorer

Tried the update on my Sony KDL-43W755C. Not working. Got the same error Amber / Green blinking..

There are is no way to fix it?  Checked in my router IP list... TV is still there connected. x)

profile.country.BG.title
BETATESTERONE
Explorer

Hello everybody,

From yesterday, I'm in the same boat :-)).

I started the firmware update from USB stick, the TV restarted, then no image but the led blinking orange/green.

Strange enough, my TV is playing a nice sound (a chill one, I can really meditate on it if I want :-)) ) so I conclude that the firmware update succeded but don't recognize the pannel or the resolution. If I play with the remote it sound's like it's cycling through the available option there. I bet the state of TV is now some kind of ,,presentation mode,, waiting for me to complete an Out Of The Box first time starting.

Have anyone a link or something that presents what option are present on-screen at first time starting a Sony TV with Android 6 ? I like to try to blindly use the remote to complete this procedure (a YouTube video might help I think).

Sorry for my English, working to improve it every day.

Greetings from Romania.

profile.country.GB.title
vick18
Explorer

@BETATESTERONE

I'm afraid besides you can hear audio, you are unable to navigate that menu.

i already tried to follow some steps (with black screen) and nothing happens. no matter how, it wont make a difference even if you might configure something out, you will still be stuck