Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

I believe this issue deserves a separate thread since it is affecting so many people around Europe. After Sony released the update i put it on a SONY stick and proceed to upgrade, the tv was reporting: 'updating' then it restarted but it did not come back - black screen and led flashing green-orange! Tried all the tricks to get it to work but no luck so far

Lots of people complain abotu this issue on a russian forum: 'Killed sony kdl43w808c, Slovakia, 11/2016. I called Sony support. Told not to turn off the TV set or disconnect it from the Internet, as update should come, correcting this problem'

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

l6ZLMfP3TQlNu.gif

426 REPLIES 426
profile.country.RO.title
razvpop

any1 else tryed the method i write? did it work for any1?

That method i recievd from Sony suport Roumania so might work for someone...

still in second trial, hope this time will work, i just told via e-mail the service suport, that i pressed the power key on my remote control not on the TV, if this time wont work i l use the power key on my TV.

good night people!

Ralf1410

@vick18 wrote:

@HUSH2H

nop, they will make sure the update is properly installed

How? Do they know reason of failure?

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

new motherboards have Android 5.1

will the service centers try to update to Android 6? i'm not sure they will do it

all they have to do is make sure the tv works and then they will get paid by Sony

these are not Sony centers but Sony CERTIFIED repair centers, they do not care about your update

profile.country.GB.title
vick18
Explorer

I don't know man. That's what the technician told me by phone

1 they will borrow me a TV until mine is repaired

2 they will change the motherboard

3 they will make sure the update is properly installed

He's coming tomorrow to my place

Ralf1410

This guy? SONY technicianIssue? What issue?

profile.country.RO.title
razvpop

guys!! I never asked you!

Any of you can hear the TV but got no image?

now my TV works like nothing hapend but i have no image.

and the LED is White no more Amber/Green

charlesdavies
Explorer

Greetings from U.K. 

To update, I now have technician appointment tomorrow before midday. I assume he will need to take the TV away with him if it is indeed the motherboard that needs replacing. It is not a Sony technician 

profile.country.GB.title
vacalimar

i can hear sound, screen is black. led is still amber/green.

see you tomorrow

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

Sony, like any other major company uses 3rd party certified technicians. Android files are on the ROM chip - which is welded to the MB so they need to replace the whole motherboard. They will try the same tricks that we tried than they will order MB from Sony. If those come from Slovakia where Sony is assembled than we should have the TVs back in a week. let us know how it goes!

profile.country.RO.title
razvpop

i found this pakage, and now i cant remember from where:

sony_fw_2014_RECV_STEU1.pkg

i download it few days ago...

as i remember is a patch to recover, but i have no ideea how to started up