Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55X8509C - few issues

Golfik09
Explorer

KD-55X8509C - few issues

Hello

just connected new KD-55X8509C and i have few issues questions:

- when I switch my PS4 new TV will not turn ON if it's off, and will not swtich to PS4's HDMI port for it if I am wathcing TV from other HDMI port or TV. On my old Bravia it would do it and I found it very useful. Also when I am done with PS4 and swtich it off, I will not swtich back to active HDMI port, just stays on PS4 one telling me there is no signal .... 

Is there a way to get it like it used to do on old Sony Bravia TV? I checked the settings and can't find anything that could change the behaviour of my new TV.

- this morning when I swtiched TV on i had no sound. I had to hard power off and then power on to get the sound back. I will be doing firmware upgrade today so hopefully this will resolve this issue.

Also it seems to connect to my WiFi but i can see that firmware upgrade is supposed to improve this part of the TV so we will see.

Hopefully there is not much more wrong with this TV as it looks great and i watched Gravity 3D and it was very good.

Thanks 

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.en_GB.title
petsmart

hi, slightly confusing post there but i also have the issue where if i watch say sky (in the uk) and then change input to ps4 i see the same blank screen and no signal. 

on the odd occasion say first time switching the input to the ps4 and changing the source on my reciever i get a picture but generally switching back and forward using my reciever to different inputs comes up with no signal. I have reported this to sony but no solution as yet.

Golfik09
Explorer

Reading it again i can see why its confusing !!!! :slight_smile:

What i am expecting from the TV is:

- PS4 and TV are off. When I switch PS4 on, TV should swtich itself on as well. Not happening

- When watching any TV channel or Satelite (like Sky) and switch PS4 i would expect TV to swtich to show my PS4 screen (used to do on old bravia tv). Not happening

- When i finish playing PS4 and swtich it off, I would expect TV to swtich over to another active HDMI source (lets say Sky box). Not happening. It stays on that HDMI port advising nothing is connected.

Another two issues i noticed yesreday:

- Selecting HDMI port (lets say number 2) it tries to swtich to it and shows HDMI 3 !!!!. If I swtich to number 2 again, it might work. It still takes 5-10 seconds for it to show anything .. seems like a very long time to just swtich to different HDMI port.

- Second day in a row, I had to power TV off at the mians to get it to display anything from HDMI ports. Home menu would work, but selecting any HDMI port (setelite or PS4) whould show nothing - just black screen. Day before i had vision but had no sound. Hard reset fixed the issue stright away. As I updated the firmware last night so sound issue might no longer be there but now i have black sreen issue for sure.

I think its time to call support and see what they have to say !!!!

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Assuming you have braviasync enabled on both the TV and PS4 I'm not sure what you are describing (in the first part of your message) is a fault (but I do not have a PS4 myself to be sure): - you have to check on the PS4 manual if just switch it on it send a signal to the TV. For example on my HDD recorder, it switch to the right HDMI input only if, after poweron, you push specific button on the remote (in my case PLAY or TITLELIST or putting a DVD inside the tray) - switching the PS4 off doesn't send any signal to the TV so as a normal result it stay on a black screen on the same HDMI input. Braviasync ensure that if you switch off the TV it switch off also the attached device, no action on the reverse
Golfik09
Explorer

Hi,

Bravia sync is enabled on the tv but can't see any devices connected. have not changed setting on my PS4 but it used to work with old Sony KDL tv. On the old KDL tv soon after swtiching on PS4, it would either swtich TV on (if it was off) or swtich input to show PS4. Don't think there is a need to press any key on the kontroler if it worked fine on old tv.

Other issues are frustrating as if I have to restart my tv every morning (remove power kable from socket) i will propably have to return the TV. I had Sony KDL TV for the last few years and it worked great, This is why i wanted another Sony Tv. This one have great picutre, looks great and love the 3D but I can't see myelf having to unplug this tv every mornign for the next 5 years to get it to work

Golfik09
Explorer

With latest firmware update TV seems to behave better as I didn't have to power off the TV at the mains in the morning. It worked stright away.

Bravia Link still not working but this is minor issue that i hope new firmware will fix.

paularm
Explorer

I have a similar problem with HDMI 2 on this TV.  HDMI 1 is fine, I have a Sony Blu-ray plugged into that and when I turn the blu-ray on it automatically comes up on the screen and when I turn off the blu-ray it then goes back to the last screen I was viewing (normally the TV), but I have a Sony DVD/Hard disk recorder pluged into HDMI 2 and if I turn that on it will not automatically go to HDMI 2, I have to go into the home menu and select HDMI 2 and when I trun off the DVD it won't go back to what I was last watching (it did both things when connected to my previous Panasonic TV!

Surely all HDMI ports should come up automatically when the kit plugged into them is switched on???

What do you thinkh Sony???

Paul

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

If you push the sync menu button on the remote you can see both device attached in the list? if not are you able to try reactivating them via the bravia sync setup menu? I'm not sure the HDD recorder, being old is able to get the automatica activation, be sure bravia sync is enable directly on it.

paularm
Explorer

Thanks for the sync button info, unfortunately sync only see's my blu-ray
and Chromecast, as you say the HDD recorder is too old to have Braviasync.
Come on Sony, add it to the updates that it will automatically go to the
channel when I turn it on??

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Home old is your hdd? Which model? If it doesn't have braviasync there is nothing that can be done: it miss an electrical signal (pin 11 if i remember right) that can wake up the tv....