Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49XG9005 AirPlay support?

profile.country.GB.title
MattHP
Explorer

KD-49XG9005 AirPlay support?

I see Sony is updating many of the 2018/19 sets to Android 9 Pie with support for Apple AirPlay. For some reason I can’t see any mention of the KD-49XG9005 being proposed which is very disappointing considering it was meant to be the flagship 49” set for 2019. Does anyone know if this is planned or likely in the future?

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

No news at this time, the update to Android TV 9 depends from User Experience after the update and it is in evaluation...

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

In any case there is no mention anywhere that airplay will be added to any TV that was sold without it, so I would not expect it even if the Pie upgrade will be made available...

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

If you want @MattHP, try AirScreen App for an AirPlay's emulation...

profile.country.GB.title
MattHP
Explorer

Thanks for replies. I was considering buying a second for another room but only if there are some reassurances that the functionality will come at some

point. I notice that the 2020 version KD-49XH9505 is shipped with AirPlay 2 support as standard, but little else seems to have changed (other than price tags differ at the moment)

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

A lot has changed ... soc faster for managing android and latest x1 ultimate for video processing.  
profile.country.GB.title
MattHP
Explorer

Ok, Not sure I will benefit greatly from that but perhaps I am just better off waiting for some deals on the 2020 models to start filtering through. Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Jonmillar737

I too find it appalling that the flag ship “best 49” TV you can buy” (which is why i bought it) does not support Airplay. COME ON SONY  surely you can easily roll out a software upgrade to this TV.