Join now - be part of our community!

hdmi 2.1

profile.country.GR.title
zois_13
Explorer

hdmi 2.1

hi i have the last update but i cannot find the choise of 120 hz does anybody know why? thanks

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

This is not a review...he is guy that doesn't know the differences between the two models :wink:

profile.country.GR.title
zois_13
Explorer

This was the easiest that I found also when I looked in specs it says that it ll come via a update for gaming I ve got it in Greek thats why I didn't post it to you

profile.country.GR.title
zois_13
Explorer

Screenshot_20211020-193825_Chrome.jpg

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Earc Is a feature that can be implemented also on hdmi 2.0 and your TV has it. Not 4k HDR 120hz that require a full hdmi 2.1 bandwidth

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@zois_13 

The graphic you posted shows that the only HDMI 2.1 feature on the X950H is eARC, and the other three features are not ticked.

It is also reporting that Sony themselves are saying 4K120 cannot be added to this set in firmware.

A thing that has always been true about HDMI versions is that not every feature in a version has to be present for a device to claim compliance with the version, as long as it has some of the features, and lists which ones it does (or doesn’t) have.

This seems to have been clear enough in previous version of HDMI; and even now, no-one expects 4K Sony TVs to possess the 8K attributes in the HDMI 2.1 specs (do they?)

But now we have confusion because there are some HDMI 2.1 attributes that you might expect Sony 4K TVs to have, and only some of them do have the 4K120, VRR and ALLM; though all have the eARC that gives them a subset, at least, of HDMI 2.1 attributes.

Oh, and by all means post the Greek, though please put it through Bing Translate and post the resulting English as well.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

According to this article: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00254857 This model only supports eARC from the HDMI 2.1 features.