Join now - be part of our community!

BBC iplayer & itv player apps not playing

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
mkj1972

BBC iplayer & itv player apps not playing

Hi

when I click on the BBC iplayer or itv player & 5 on demand apps they always comes up an error occurred try again later.

I am connected to the Internet & channels like YouTube play fine

any help would be appreciated 

thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
mkj1972

Thanks for all your suggestions everybody but I have now fixed the problem I turned of the tv at the mains for 5 minutes then turned it back on & now all the apps are working again!!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi mkj1972, 

Could you please let us know which model television you own and if you have updated your device with the lastest firmware?

You can find information on how to perform a software update here. 

We will then be able to check this with the relevant team for you.

Best, 

Arthur

profile.country.GB.title
mkj1972

Hi Arthur 

my tv is a KD-55S8505C

my software is up to date as far as I know 

thanks Mark 

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi Mark - are your apps also up to date?  Usually this happens when the firmware and/or apps haven't been updated.  Cheers, C

profile.country.GB.title
tractor9

Faults with FREEVIEW are caused by the weather conditions.so do not adjust you set.

It`s affecting some terrestial channelsIn some areas. it been stated by "FREEVIEW"

profile.country.GB.title
mkj1972

Hi c

yrs my apps are all up to date & the apps are still not working 

profile.country.GB.title
mkj1972

Hi

im not using free view I watch tv on youview 

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

YouView gets the Freeview channels, and was likewise affected by the high pressure,

But as we are talking internet players here, there is only one corner case in which the high pressure would be relevant - if it suppressed or obfuscated some or all your channels, necessitating a retune.

The itv and All4 apps won’t work unless they know where you are, for which they rely on your tunings. If the itv app determines (or erroneously thinks) you are in Scotland, you have to use STV instead for complete programming.

All Players use your IP address to check you are in the UK. If they think you aren’t, you won’t get anything. You might want to PM your IP address to the Community Managers here, so they can check it for that.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
mkj1972

Thanks for all your suggestions everybody but I have now fixed the problem I turned of the tv at the mains for 5 minutes then turned it back on & now all the apps are working again!!

profile.country.GB.title
GrahamR
Explorer

I had that problem one day last week. The next day all was ok, I put it down to internet speed problems locally.