Join now - be part of our community!

Android Smart TV. HDMI audio input level is varying but TV audio output level is fixed. Why?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Fraser67
Explorer

Android Smart TV. HDMI audio input level is varying but TV audio output level is fixed. Why?

I have a Humax PVR HDR Fox-T2, that has an HDMI output which is  connected to my KDL-50W755C.

On my old Panasonic TV adjusting the audio level on the Humax box changed the volume level coming out of the TV. However on the Sony Android TV, the volume level from the TV does not change. Why is this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Fraser67
Explorer

I have now found the problem, via another posting I read. On the Humax PVR, in the audio settings, there are two options Multi-channel or Stereo. I had multi-channel selected, when stereo is selected, adjusting the Humax audio level, now works on all channels, i.e. HD as well as SD. I can only assume that HD broadcasts actually make use of the multi-channel audio, which the TV is handling in a different way to stereo.  Since I don't have any surround sound this makes no difference to me.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

On your old panna tv did you have it connected via hdmi or another way?

profile.country.GB.title
Fraser67
Explorer

It was connected via HDMI

profile.country.GB.title
Fraser67
Explorer

Another update. I did some more playing and this interface has another twist. It works fine when the PVR is not on a HD channel, ie output to the TV is not HD. The audio level varies from the TV when adjusted from PVR box. When the PVR is outputting a HD signal over the HDMI cable the audio level from the TV does not change when adjusted on the PVR. This is not experienced when connected to my Panasonic TV, so I an sure this is bug with the Sony HDMI interfeace when receiving a HD picture through the HDMI input. 

I still have not found a page that reports and details known bugs!!??

profile.country.GB.title
Fraser67
Explorer

I have now found the problem, via another posting I read. On the Humax PVR, in the audio settings, there are two options Multi-channel or Stereo. I had multi-channel selected, when stereo is selected, adjusting the Humax audio level, now works on all channels, i.e. HD as well as SD. I can only assume that HD broadcasts actually make use of the multi-channel audio, which the TV is handling in a different way to stereo.  Since I don't have any surround sound this makes no difference to me.