Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
profile.country.GB.title
plendil
Explorer

Hi  i also would like a link if there is one

thank yoo

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

I did an over the air update so I don't have any usb save. I don't think the marshmallow update is worth any great excitement or anticipation. The interface is a bit quicker and that's the only difference really. 

profile.country.RS.title
bbrks011

But I am sure the loading screen must be completely different :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Hi Guys. I have the the February updated saved my self as I updated it on the first day and it worked perfectly fine on my KD-43X8307 2015 TV.

To be honest their is no point in me putting a link up from my Google Drive just wait a few more days and Sony will upload the newer marshmallow MK3 firmware.

To update it now to February edition and then do it all over agian in s few days time not worth it unless you realy want me to.

For me their was a decent amount of change and preformance agian even with the February edition of the update.

I still have some bugs but generally TV works whole lot better and layout is far better.

It worked for me but you are taking a risk as it seems the February edition of the update seems to be very random on how well it preforms from TV to TV.

Regards,
Marc

London, UK

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z5 Smartphone
profile.country.DK.title
refrejn

Just my 2 cents... I updated my KDL-55W807C with a USB on the day after it's release and have had no problems at all. It felt a little bit snappier, but I also did a factory reset after the update, so that might be the reason.

It has solved the lip sync issue with Chromecast and Youtube, 95% of the times, and that was one of our biggest issues with the TV, so that's great. I don't know if the EPG problems has been solved, because we're now using our TV providers set top box so, but I do hope it's solved because it was not a good experience.

The TV does crash and reboot itself occasionally but not very often.

diiickie
Explorer

I upgraded my KD-55X8509C and have had constant issues with crashing and slow performance ever since. HDMI ARC has been even worse than before also.

Hoping an imminent release will solve these as at times the TV is so slow you can barely use it.

Fingers crossed for this imminent release.

profile.country.RO.title
alineduard2001

Did you try any apk explorer  from google play ?

• I find that kind of apk's, is the crashing reasons at my tv (W808C ). Same issue with paid apk (EsFile Explorer pro).But it seems to working just great if i deactivate everything from google in tv menu..including google play (!?)
  • Did anyone find this also??
  • Ps.Updated same day ,same method as your .

Srry if my english not to great!

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Okay folks... Count down is on...

Fingers crossed

marshmallow MK3 firmware... Let's realy realy realy resly hope that Sony does not balls it up this time round otherwise their will be serious problems and implications!!

So what time will it be available from to download?? Last time February it was avaliable around 10-11am in the morning well for me it was UK time.

No dought this forum will be flooded tommrow with mixed results.

Good luck to all!

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z5 Smartphone
mbmapit
Explorer

Tomorrow is the announcement of the new rollout not the release of the new
update.
SuneKuntz

Sony Denmark support page says it's the release of the new update.