Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Shodney

Can you provide a link to that post on the US forums?

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Shodney

According to the information I have - that statement on the US forums is incorrect for the EU region.  Also note that the US and EU are at different stages in the developement lifecyle.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Snap! I was going to say that my self Yes EU has a totaly different build number and roll out period as well.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z5 Smartphone
profile.country.GB.title
newbix

Marcd51 wrote:
Snap! I was going to say that my self Yes EU has a totaly different build number and roll out period as well.

That's because the yanks have different apps to the EU so the adroid version would have a different build number so no one gets confused.

I could be wrong though. I've started the process of getting a full refund.

profile.country.FR.title
nicogri

Agree with that.

Development lifecycle and build number is a thing but

TVs are the same, SoC are the same, Android version / kernel are the same...

I really hope that Sony "architecture" is smart enough (or not so dumb) so they have one big development team for all their TVs in the world and then smal developpment teams worldwide (US EMEA...) responsible of localization, local regulations, specific apps and bloatware.

You imagine teams working on the same software on the same hardware at the same time, it would be insane.

So I think EU is still very dependant of what happens in US even if release dates and build are specifics

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

I don't know if this is related to the recent update but Netflix now gets stuck at 25% and won't load. The only fix is to uninstall Netflix updates. Maybe there's a mismatch between the marshmallow update and the latest Netflix?

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Hi had Netflix update yesterday night so I updated it and worked fine for me.

Watched 3 more episodes of ''13 reasons'' all buffered as normal.

I have a KD-43X8307 2015 with the new update and works fine.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

According to German support pages, the M update will be available again on 19. of April. New version will be 3.865.

profile.country.RS.title
bbrks011

I had a 25% buffering problem today too.....chated with Netflix support for almost an hour....no luck. The last suggestion I got was to call my internet provider and ask them to restart my internet service.....that will fix the problem :slight_smile: hilarious.

I will try it anyway...have nothing to lose.