Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
HairyFool

User configuration changes may not carry through as intended to a completely new build. The only way to ensure it works as expected is to re-apply settings using the new interface. It also eliminates such issues caused by incompatabilities.

When are we going to get a working Satellite EPG?

Heckie

I managed to get 5.1 working in Kodi for my ripped movies - I just needed to select the relevant 5.1 audio track inmovie settings whilst it was playing (by default it was using the stereo track), and enabled audio passthrough. Now enoying movies in DD 5.1!

So John Lewis are picking my KD49X8305C up next week. Interestingly they are now down to £800 with a free sound bar on their website. The guy over the phone new all about the problems with the TV and stated that the law has since changed to cover software faults on TVs. They now must be sold with all the software features ready and working.

http://www.johnlewis.com/sony-bravia-kd49x8305cbu-4k-ultra-hd-android-tv-49-with-freeview-hd-and-bui...

wills_b

Tricky can I ask how long you've had it for?

@Quinnicus wrote:

@NicolaiLarsen91 - can you confirm if the following works, as one of our forum experts said it worked for him ( @pa3eia )

If you have factory reset the tvs, you must delete the tv in the SideView app and then pair it up again on the tv. 

Cheers

Hi, i can confirm that this does not work. Tried manuel removing the tv in the app, resetting the app, the tv and enabled remote acces/ip renderes in the network settings. Still cant find the tv.

willisonline
Explorer

Does anybody know if the included remote can be programmed to control the sound on a seperate set of speakers connected through the optical port. I could do this with my old samsung tv.

anjenki75

@willisonline wrote:

Does anybody know if the included remote can be programmed to control the sound on a seperate set of speakers connected through the optical port. I could do this with my old samsung tv.

No it cannot

sassbs
Explorer

Yes it can I am controlling my Sony Speakers this way.

Sent from my Windows Phone
anjenki75

@sassbs wrote:
Yes it can I am controlling my Sony Speakers this way.

Via optical? How?

sassbs
Explorer

Yes I use Optical as my Speakers don't support ARC.

It just worked for me, I think you may need to enter an IR code for a non Sony speaker but you can do it.