Join now - be part of our community!

Sony ILCE 6000 Body

SOLVED

Sony ILCE 6000 Body

Following an instruction that came with the body, my existing lenses, (from my ILCE5000), to be compatible need to have lens software version 02 or later. My SELP1650 zoom has version 01 but there are no instructions on the Sony website to explain how to upgrade. :thinking: Any ideas would be appreciated folks. Thank you

Jim

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Jim and welcome.

There is no firmware update for the SELP1650. Only some lenses have v2 firmware available.

The Ver2 update enables 'Fast Hybrid AF' on older lenses which were designed for use with the older focusing system - 'Contrast-Detection AF'. As the SELP1650 is a fairly new lens, Fast Hybrid AF was enabled from manufacture and an update is not neccessary.

Hope you enjoy your new camera!

:wink:

View solution in original post

Many thanks. I did try the camera out today and all seems well. I was just a bit worried that I would have problems but you have put my mind at rest!!

Spoiler

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Jim and welcome.

There is no firmware update for the SELP1650. Only some lenses have v2 firmware available.

The Ver2 update enables 'Fast Hybrid AF' on older lenses which were designed for use with the older focusing system - 'Contrast-Detection AF'. As the SELP1650 is a fairly new lens, Fast Hybrid AF was enabled from manufacture and an update is not neccessary.

Hope you enjoy your new camera!

:wink:

Many thanks. I did try the camera out today and all seems well. I was just a bit worried that I would have problems but you have put my mind at rest!!

Spoiler