Join now - be part of our community!

Is this yet another scam from SONY

profile.country.GB.title
Exilebluey
Explorer

Is this yet another scam from SONY

This  is the second time I've been given excuses from sony to not pay out on their cashback offer. Having bought a new lens a few years ago with a £100 cashback I gave up in disgust because of the numerous reasons they kept giving not to honour their offer.I've just upgraded my camera to the A7 rV and expected the £400 summer offer cashback. Submitted them 5 images using their own website showing all required  information. Apparently the images are not clear (looking at the images sent on my monitor they look perfectly fine to me) and I also need to send an image with the camera in my hand showing serial number? How does that help in validating my claim?

Furthermore there is no requirement for such an image on their website promotion nor on the web form to submit the claim. I agree with previous posters when they comment, Sony make excellent products however their support staff leave a lot to be desired. Furthermore why do you go into a "loop" when attempting to contact them from their website? I think it is telling that there is not a contact number on their website. Time I think to contact consumer affairs, Trading standards/Ombudsman

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hey @Exilebluey 

They do have a lot of rules when it comes to validating the campaign's claims, but that's only to prevent frauds as much as they can, and that includes the personalised picture that they ask for ,and also that fact that you need to submit the claim after 30 days from the purchase in some campaigns.

Anyways, they should be sending emails to clarify what they need exactly or what they are missing in order to validate your claim

And you can reach them on this number too: +44 (0) 2073652810+44 (0) 2073652810

And here are the rest of the contact details: https://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/Contact/Email?cat=electronics?pdp=kdl-40hx803&cat=lcd-tvs-...