Join now - be part of our community!

Α7IV focus peaking on playback.

SOLVED
profile.country.GR.title
topssony

Α7IV focus peaking on playback.

On my new A7iv I had a strange experience yesterday.

Around 3 times when I tried to check my shots, I noticed that the files were playing with peaking.

After it was ok but without changing any settings at all. I have the latest firmware. I had 1.01 after 1.05 and the last 1.1. My cam was connected(multi-sony gamble) with my gimbal. Is it something to worry about?Screenshot 2022-10-27 at 9.45.01 AM.pngScreenshot 2022-10-27 at 9.45.35 AM.png

21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.GR.title
topssony

It happens again yesterday!  😞 
I also had an issue with ON/OFF ...it wasn't open with a fully charged battery. (I had it on video also).Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 1.12.01 PM.png

profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

@topssony wrote:

I also had an issue with ON/OFF ...it wasn't open with a fully charged battery. (I had it on video also).

???

profile.country.GR.title
topssony

check it here --> Download link
https://we.tl/t-i7W08Yp9Xh

profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

That's really strange.
Are you able to reproduce the issue? Have you tried without the tamron attached? (I'm thinking that the issue could come from the lens, it is not so strange with tamron).

With all those issues, have you tried to reset to factory setting the camera?
https://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/2110/v1/en/contents/TP1000616558.html

profile.country.GR.title
topssony

Not yet, it's so new my A74iv so I didn't try to reset it, etc...

I think I had to stay on 1.01 and not update the firmware but now I have done it.

Even with Tamron that happens rarely but it happens. 

profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

That's the first time I see those issues, but it's not the first case of settings crash with the 1.10 update (also if it's not my case).

A reset work for almost any case I've seen about 1.10 issue.

Before to reset, take care to sign your settings just to speedup next setup (usually I take a video with my phone while I scroll all pages)

profile.country.GR.title
topssony

Just an update... I hope the last one!

I did a total reset to my cam... and I had that issue again!

So before I send it back to downgrade to the 1.0 firmware version...I tried the new 1.11 that for my good luck was out a few days ago! Until now my cam works fine... with no peaking issue yet! Thanks!

profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

Let's hope it doesn't happen again

10-fears-every-student-has-at-graduation-1

profile.country.GR.title
topssony

315473758_5539163719464008_4198224006573060155_n.jpg

It happens again...with 1.11. I don't know why... I bought it a month ago. What do I have to do? :wink: Live with it or something else;
I will try to see if that happens only with Tamron 28-75 G2 and not on my Sony lens... It's my only thought now.
*UPDATE It happens again with my Sony 35mm. 

315520307_5571586826243831_5798270332562003411_n.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

What an embarrassing situation.

You have only to try with sony's assistance (you need for a lot of patience at first standardized messages 😞 ).

https://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/Contact/Email?cat=cameras-camcorders1&tab=Tips

@SkyNet404could help with an escalation?