Join now - be part of our community!

A7 iii dial skipping settings

profile.country.GB.title
rheneas
Explorer

A7 iii dial skipping settings

Hi,

Have any other A7 iii owners noticed any of their dials "skipping" a setting, i.e. one click in either direction intermittently jumps two settings, or images if in playback mode. Doesn't matter what shooting mode I'm in, and I've initialised the camera which didn't make a difference. For me it happens most frequently with the front dial, but also less often with the rear control wheel (which I rarely use). I'd normally just send it back, as it's brand new, but my current one is actually a replacement for my original copy which went back for exactly the same issue with its front dial. As such, I'm wondering whether this is fairly common, or even a "feature" of the camera, in which case I'll just live with it if it won't get worse. Of all the other cameras I've owned (Sony A7, various Olympuses), only one has had a similar issue (an Oly E-PL5's rear wheel), and that got worse to the extent that the dial became unusable. That, however, happened after heavy use, whereas both my A7 iii's have been doing it from brand new. Anyone got any thoughts, or similar experiences with their A7?

Cheers

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
SatoruGojo
Community Team

@oscaranother does it happen with all the lenses? also, did you try to clean it ?