Join now - be part of our community!

a7R2 menu button

SOLVED
profile.country.DK.title
perejler
Explorer

a7R2 menu button

The a7R2 menu button often need to be turned several times to find the right function. it can show one but work within another, like it can show "M" but work in "S" or show "Auto" but work in "SCN" untill I turned it once or twice. Feels like it is worn or slipping in some strange way. I useally get it working easy, but it was not always like that. --- Whats the cure, is that an expensive repair and who should I trust it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hey @perejler

Just to make sure it's not a software glitch, did you maker sure that the camera is up to date, you can find the latest firmware here for windows and Mac

Also, try to take out the battery and leave it for a while and p[lace it again.

Also, try to initialize the device and test 

If it remains, then you need to contact Sony to send for the service centre 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.DK.title
perejler
Explorer

Just want to add. that I count 64000 "Clicks" online. That is the number of images the camera taken.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hey @perejler

Just to make sure it's not a software glitch, did you maker sure that the camera is up to date, you can find the latest firmware here for windows and Mac

Also, try to take out the battery and leave it for a while and p[lace it again.

Also, try to initialize the device and test 

If it remains, then you need to contact Sony to send for the service centre 

profile.country.DK.title
perejler
Explorer

Thanks, Yes Ver. 4,01 so there are no way around. See I have been very happy with the 7Rm2, it has the strong build I need and is rather advanced even today. To be honest 64K clicks seem a bit low, to realise so serious a fault, esp. as It has been handled fair. But Until then I can easily do with the a6100 I had to buy, all the lenses also kind of point to what need to be done. Thanks for your time.

profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

The shutter counter is the meter to estimate the life of the mechanical shutter.

For all other (electronic) parts the life depends the more from the time it is powered on, and environment conditions.

If you stock your camera without battery in an adequate space with temperature and humidity controlled, you can expect an almost infinite life of the camera (at least more than our lifetime).

Each deviation of temperature and (the more) humidity impacts a lot on attended life.

So in your case, the more than the number of shots, impact the age and the environment 

profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

Honestly I don’t understand your problem.

In general:

- if you want to exclude a software issue: reset the camera to factory and check

- if your trouble is with some buttons, there are few chances to solve without a replace.. try to clean (with dry cloth and a soft vacuum)

- if your trouble is with a dial, a switch, or a connector: try to act several times with the dial/switch/connector to see if it can selfclean by the oxide

- if you are at the end of this list probably you need for a repair in a center