Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-FS315M hard drive

Paddcomp
Visitor

VGN-FS315M hard drive

Hello,
Just looking for some information on the hard drive in my VAIO VGN-FS315M. It has an 80gb drive split into 2x 35gb partitions, can I either convert this to a single partition or install a larger drive 160gb preferably. If I join the partitions will I loose the data from one or both C: and 😧 volumes?
If I can upgrade what type do I look for is it as simple as fitting a 2.5 drive PATA for SATA?

TIA
Paddcomp

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Paddcomp,

welcome to Club Vaio.

Here is Sony's official guide , when you get to option 10 select C & D recovery (change partiton size)..

Note following this guide will delete everything on your Vaio's HDD, then re-install the original OS and pre-installed applications. Therefore make sure you backup important data first.

There are also third party programs such as Paragon Partition Manager which you could use..

Alternatively you could free up space on your c drive by moving your My Documents folder from it's default C drive location to the D drive, use this link for a guide on how to this: Change the Default Location of the My Documents Folder

however if you wish to change your HDD have a look at something like the Hitachi Travelstar 2.5" drives.

If you decide to go with the replacement HDD then hopefully you should find the guide I have sent you via PM of use, you can check your Private Messages by clicking on the following link: Private Messages