Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio AR61M screen has lines on screen

profile.country.en_GB.title
vijsingh
Visitor

Vaio AR61M screen has lines on screen

Hi, I've had my Vaio for about 4-5 years now and haven't had any major problems with it until now, I installed Windows 7 on it a few years ago too without any major problems.

I was recently using it for a number of hours without any problems until I burned a DVD and came back to see the screen had frozen half way through, the picture was very fuzzy too. (Pic attached)

The only option was to hold the power button to force a shut down, when I booted back up it once again froze when windows loaded up with the same fuzzy screen.

I then forced shut down but loaded safe mode, it was fine until small fuzzy patches appeared on the screen but funnily disappeared when I hovered the cursor over them. I scheduled a disk error check which needed a reboot for it to work but when the scan started the screen went fuzzy agin with white text on a black background. (Pic attached)

I forced a shut down again and when the laptop booted up it had black and white lines across the screen horizontally and it didn't go further than that. (Pic attached)

I was told by somebody to try access bios screen, I hit f2 as soon as it booted up and I heard a beep and could see the bios screen colours behind the fuzzy/pixelly screen but not clear enough to read anything. (Pic attached)

I tried to connect to a tv through hdmi & VGA by pressing the fn and tv out buttons but I'd doesn't seem to work, I tried a different tv but it still doesn't seem to get picked up. I'm not sure if this is even possible in bios as I used to use tv out a lot when windows load up .

I tried tv out to figure out if it was a screen problem or something else, maybe graphics card.

Any ideas?

Btw I'm posting from my ipad so I'm not sure if the pictures will be posted

0 REPLIES 0