Join now - be part of our community!

USB Ports blocked

profile.country.en_IE.title
droichead
Visitor

USB Ports blocked

Hi,

I can not connect my camera to my sony vaio with a usb cable - they do not communicate when connected.

I go into start up, computer and it shows that there is a nokia e-6 00 connected by usb. Of course, there isn't. Not only that, I have uninstalled all Nokia associated software from my laptop, both manually and again using Revo uninstaller. The icon in start up - my computer is still there, and I still can't connect my camera via usb. I have tried rebooting after uninstalling.

Photography is the primary reason for me owning a lap top - can anyone help with this issue???

Many thanks in advance.

Muckra

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Muckra and welcome.

So we can try to help, can you please give us your camera model and your Vaio model.

When did it last work properly?

:thinking:

droichead
Visitor

Thanks Blencogo,

My camera is a canon 40d and it's a sony vaio VPCF23c5E. It last worked on 8th January - one month ago according to my lightroom upload log. The nokia software was on the computer since last October approx (deleted today in response to problems with blocked ports).

By the way, the nokia icon is there all the time, I can not find a way to get rid of it.

Also, twice in the last few days, windows did not re-start successfully and had to be restored to a previous (seeminly very recent) state. I don't know what caused this.

Muckra

Message was edited by: droichead

Message was edited by: droichead

droichead
Visitor

I have since uninstalled the drivers and re-booted. The camera and computer are now friends again. The nokia icon is still there in start up - computer. This is a less urgent issue - but can I get rid of this?

Thanks,

Muckra