Join now - be part of our community!

how do i change from spanish to english format

SOLVED
profile.country.es_ES.title
chapo10100
Visitor

how do i change from spanish to english format

I have just bought a sony all in one which is allready configured to spanish so how do i change it to english format

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.de_BE.title
stephanius
Visitor

I understood your post to the effect that you have purchased a All-in-one VAIO PC - like the J or L Series - and the Windows on it is Spanish.

The simplest reason for this is that you bought it in Spain. If that is the case, there is no way to make it English. Spanish destination VAIO computers are shipped with a fully translated, single language Spanish Windows version. If you don't want Spanish, bring it back to the store. If you are based in Spain, but need an English OS, try the Sony Store online - they should be able to sell you a non-Spanish version.

If you haven't purchased this VAIO in Spain, it might be a version for a destination shipped with an international English version of Windows, with a language pack. Language pack models ask for your language choice at the first start. If you haven't had that choice, the VAIO has been used before (or it's a Spanish version, see above). The good news in this case would be, that you can recover the VAIO (press ASSIST to start the VAIO Care rescue mode, start full system recovery) and then choose 'My language is English' at Windows start.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.de_BE.title
stephanius
Visitor

I understood your post to the effect that you have purchased a All-in-one VAIO PC - like the J or L Series - and the Windows on it is Spanish.

The simplest reason for this is that you bought it in Spain. If that is the case, there is no way to make it English. Spanish destination VAIO computers are shipped with a fully translated, single language Spanish Windows version. If you don't want Spanish, bring it back to the store. If you are based in Spain, but need an English OS, try the Sony Store online - they should be able to sell you a non-Spanish version.

If you haven't purchased this VAIO in Spain, it might be a version for a destination shipped with an international English version of Windows, with a language pack. Language pack models ask for your language choice at the first start. If you haven't had that choice, the VAIO has been used before (or it's a Spanish version, see above). The good news in this case would be, that you can recover the VAIO (press ASSIST to start the VAIO Care rescue mode, start full system recovery) and then choose 'My language is English' at Windows start.

profile.country.en_GB.title
yoyokussr
Visitor