Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia z freeze

SOLVED
palashs
Visitor

Xperia z freeze

it's been a month using Xperia z, but recently it has started freezing completely. not only while playing games but also while doing simple tasks as browsing. also the battery sucks after the update and stamina mode doesn't work. It's been a disappointment till now, I hope you guys fix all this in the next update.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GeoffH
Enthusiast

hey you can install what you want Slightly_smiling_Face but I would strongly recommend not installing any utilities that try to manage things that are already being managed = there's every chance of a conflict and a crash

let me know if things have improved

regards

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Arjun
Contributor

Repair your phone using sony update service

palashs
Visitor

done that already!

GeoffH
Enthusiast

make sure you have no task managers memory managers antivirus etc installed

remove the SD card

turn off stamina mode

check in the running apps for ironically apps that shouldn't be running and stop them or even uninstall them

to me you either have a hardware glitch or an app that is running in the background and freezing up

so the idea is to narrow it down as much as possible and take it from there

regards

palashs
Visitor

That should help, thanks. But does this mean that task managers and anti-virus aren't to be installed on the device?

Arjun
Contributor

There is usually no need to install antivirus and task mangers as they cause more problems rather than solving them Dizzy_Face

and xperia z has built in task manger the recent apps button works as a task manger from which you can close an app by just holding it

GeoffH
Enthusiast

hey you can install what you want Slightly_smiling_Face but I would strongly recommend not installing any utilities that try to manage things that are already being managed = there's every chance of a conflict and a crash

let me know if things have improved

regards

palashs
Visitor

Haha okay, will do that

palashs
Visitor

Yeah, it's been working better now I guess.... Thanks