Join now - be part of our community!

rescue data

SOLVED
profile.country.SK.title
xperiaBricked
Explorer

rescue data

Tried to update android via OFFICIAL sony update.

No error messages , but phone bricked after reboot.

Image like this

bricked

is shown after turning on  by power button.

While charging , the image and sony logo are shown and switching vice versa.

Want rescue data ( was not backed up  ).

Is there any official way ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.SK.title
xperiaBricked
Explorer

Have tryed rescue data myself .

Various ideas from internet was relevant.

Shame to 22 Slovak phone-repair companyes for false advice.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@z1compactbricked

If you didn't back up your data, or have a spare copy on you r SD card, then sadly the odds are with you losing any data stored on internal memory. A boot loop is only fixed by performing a software repair using PC Companion. This will format your internal memory and install a fresh copy of latest firmware available.

Tags (2)
profile.country.SK.title
xperiaBricked
Explorer

Because sony caused this problem by defect update , they will probably help.

As I know , data are still there.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@z1compactbricked

Like @Quester has said, if the data was stored in the internal storage then it's gone, for the update to cause this issue, there are myriad reasons, maybe the internet connection was interrupted, maybe the phone was unplugged, maybe the computer went idle during the process, etc. 

Contact your Local support but I'm sorry to say this, the data it's gone. 

profile.country.SK.title
xperiaBricked
Explorer

Of course , local support will be contacted , but they are authorized ( from Sony ) only for common tasks like deletion of data.

As I know , android keeps data even if system files are broken.

Want compensation for the defected update ( installed from Android , not from PC ).

1. money

2. disclosing secret info useful for rescue

3. rescue made by Sony

Sony will choose one of the above.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@z1compactbricked

I don't see how that will happen, but again, this is a user based forum, we are just trying to help you out, as for the data, you can't retrieve it unless you have root access but then again, the phone will have to turn on, if the update was a major update then you have two options to update, either regular update keeping the data or clean update which will wipe out everything. 

I have a Z1 and other Xperias and I've experienced something similar with one of the phones, but the problem was due to my computer going idle, stopping the update process half way through, another couple of times happened when I was using Flashtool and the FTF file was corrupted, neither of those instances were Sony's fault, with that said, let's say that for some reason the servers acted up or whatever happened that was on Sony's side, I don't think that anyone can put a price to your phone's data. I understand the frustration but if you didn't cared enough about your data to create backups nor create backups on a cloud system and/or computer and/or SD card, there's not much that can be done. 

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@z1compactbricked

Even the update software itself (PC Companion or Xperia Companion) will ask you multiple times to keep a back up of your important data before you begin.

profile.country.SK.title
xperiaBricked
Explorer

1. Will ask only small amount of money from Sony ( of course , data are priceless )

2. Updating was performed WITHOUT PC

3.Data are probably accessible by secret trick ( known by Sony )

CameronT
Champion

Hi @z1compactbricked,

Welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear about your experience with your device. I just have a few things I would like to clear up.

@z1compactbricked wrote:

1. Will ask only small amount of money from Sony ( of course , data are priceless )

2. Updating was performed WITHOUT PC

3.Data are probably accessible by secret trick ( known by Sony )

1. You will have to discuss it with your local support team, but this is highly unlikely. Sony is not responsible for the protection of the data, it is up to the user to make sure their data is secure.

3. There is no method held by Sony to restore or access user data as this would be a breach of user privacy. As others have said, I am afraid that if you did not back up your information, then the data is lost.

With digital information there is always the risk of data loss so it is good practice to keep your device backed up regularly. 

profile.country.SK.title
xperiaBricked
Explorer

Of course, I will Trust Sony and give all privacy for the chance of data rescue. 

I preffer help from Sony, but if no success, I will trust any experienced hacker and give all privacy to him.