Join now - be part of our community!

Bootloader unlock problem for my Z3 compact

profile.country.NL.title
LeViDa
New

Bootloader unlock problem for my Z3 compact

I have a very old and beaten up Z3 compact. I want to tinker with it some more, so i would want to unlock the bootloader. My Z3 is bootloader unlockable. so i went to https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/unlock-bootloader/ , selected my device en agreed to terms about voiding my warranty, but the Submit button at the bottom does not turn active.:

LeViDa_0-1605778627279.png

And yes even if i fill out my email adress the button stays greyed out. Is this just a bug on the website or did sony disable the feature and if so, are there any other ways for me to unlock the bootloader?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Can XDA developers give you some help?

Besides it shows you howto preserve your camera quality.

profile.country.NL.title
LeViDa
New

No, they always redirect to the site to get the bootloader unlock code, and that's the thing that i cannot get without the website. I even called Sony Netherlands and they just said No, we cannot help you, Unlocking your bootloader is very dangerous blah blah security blah blah. I am pretty familiar with unlocking bootloaders on different brand phones and installing custom roms.

I am planning to use it in my car so i have no further need for the camera, it needs to have a recent android version with android auto so i can keep it connected in my car for navigation and media purposes.

Most importantly however, is why does the site not work? Is it something that Sony has forbidden or that it's just the website?

ps: Also Dutch

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

The webpage asks you to enter the IMEI# of your device. Did you?

profile.country.NL.title
LeViDa
New

Omg i feel so much more stupid for not seeing this earlier. Thanks a lot!