Join now - be part of our community!

Alarm Clock not working

sosiek90s
Visitor

Alarm Clock not working

Hi there,

My wife have Sony Xperia Z3 and from a while (after the last software update) her clock alarm is not working, especialy on Thuesdsy moring. So a few times she was late at work. We checked the clock alarm and it seems to be okay, however at the morning no. What couse the problem? Stamina mode is off

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
ChloeS
Contributor

Hi @sosiek90s

Welcome to the community! 

Sorry to hear about this Slightly_frowning_Face

Have you tried clearing data from the clock app? 

To do this go to settings > apps > all > clock > clear data > force stop

Once you have done this restart the handset and see if the issue occurs again. 

Let me know Slightly_smiling_Face

Infinite_
Visitor

It's an alarm. Probably the simplest of a flagship phones activities. Sony can't make a flagship phone with a working alarm?

I have the xz2. I also had the xz with the same issue with the alarm. That's an ongoing issue. Pathetic. Seriously. Pathetic. 

NWulff
Visitor

Thanks! It worked for me :). However it is really unfortunate that I have to be 2 hours late at work and missing an important meeting due to a software update on my phone.

Grimacing_Face

Skipie
Visitor

Hi, I'm usuing XZ3. After it upgraded to android 10 my alarm clock stopped working. It doesn't make a sound, just stops on its own. I tried your suggestion with the cache, but still nothing. Also my phone froze last night, had to use the "repair software" tool in sony companion (it got stuck in a loop trying to restart). I hoped this would also clear the issue with the alarm clock but it did not.

Please help Slightly_smiling_Face

Wozza74
Visitor

I have tried this.. My alarm stopped working the day I updated my software the last update crippled the Bluetooth on my zx3  can the software people at Sony not get anything right my contract is up for renewal soon I will never get another Sony 

profile.country.GB.title
wsj.dk
New

Totally agree!

It's very critical that updates disables alarms!

I was actually quite pleased with my XZ2 Compact, but after this I'm not sure I'm going to buy Sony again.