Join now - be part of our community!

Phone Clock resets after Reboot. 7.0

SOLVED
DarkEyE
Visitor

Phone Clock resets after Reboot. 7.0

When i restart my Xperia XZ with 7.0, the Clock resets to March 30 1970 3:30 PM. When its online it corrects Date and Time.
Why Clock and Date resets itself at reboot?
62 REPLIES 62
DarkEyE
Visitor

@Fera
Thanks for clearing out that XPERIA Companion did not solve the Problem.
So maybe some official will read this. 😉
KangYoonW
Visitor

Same issue here. Am using fingerprint which also forced to have PIN start, and the date and time keep going off everytime after restart. This issue has happened for weeks and no official is addressing it?
Knappos
Visitor

This error is driving me mad. I don't often need to reset my phone but, of late, it's given me more and more reasons to (I've had to turn it off altogether today because the battery was 31% at 11am - something it normally takes unti, 10pm to do - but that's another topic I suppose).

I really hope a Sony official person can confirm the horizon for a fix here?!

Christofer
Champion

Hi everyone,

I'm very sorry to hear that you are experiencing that date and time are reset when you restart your device. This will be fixed in an upcoming software release. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this causes until then.

UPDATE: The roll out for software version 39.2.A.0.386 have now begun. Please note that timings and availability may vary by country and/or carrier

DarkEyE
Visitor

Hi Christofer,
thank you for share us this information. ☺️
Waiting for the next Update now.👍
fetch93
Visitor

Hey I know I read this bug time ago here...
Today after I started my phone I had "20 January 1970 and 05:40 am" it was 16:40 pm.
The first time I had this bug on the second latest Rom 0.374
Tags (3)
IStealYourBacon
Visitor

I recently purchased my Xperia XZ a month ago (out of a registered Sony dealer), and it was working fine until I did a software update just after christmas. Ever since then, every time I turn the phone the date gets set to some day in April 1970, and the the is always 11 hours and 40 minutes ahead of what it really is. Internet never works when the dates like that until I fix it manually (every time I turn on the **bleep** thing). I used antivirus (ESET) to scan it and it said no viruses were there. I downloaded nothing that would potentially have viruses. This is extremely annoying. Is there any way to fix this?

Model number: F8332
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@IStealYourBacon

It has been posted before

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ/Phone-Clock-resets-after-Reboot-7-0/m-p/1183244/highlight/tr...

@IStealYourBacon wrote:
I recently purchased my Xperia XZ a month ago (out of a registered Sony dealer), and it was working fine until I did a software update just after christmas. Ever since then, every time I turn the phone the date gets set to some day in April 1970, and the the is always 11 hours and 40 minutes ahead of what it really is. Internet never works when the dates like that until I fix it manually (every time I turn on the **bleep** thing). I used antivirus (ESET) to scan it and it said no viruses were there. I downloaded nothing that would potentially have viruses. This is extremely annoying. Is there any way to fix this?

Model number: F8332
IStealYourBacon
Visitor

Oh, sorry. Thanks!
bb42
Visitor

I'm experiencing the same issue on firmware 39.2.A.0.361. Very annoying. Looks like a pretty stupid programming mistake in the firmware, you can easily see the pattern in the wrong system time. I'd bet that it's a data type mistake or conversion error in the firmware when syncing the system clock to the RTC on shutdown. It's a shame it took so long for Sony to fix this issue!

I'm still waiting for the new FW to be rolled out to my device... 😞