Join now - be part of our community!

Sony WH-1000XM3 - v4.1.1 firmware failure?

profile.country.GB.title
GapsOfTheGod

Sony WH-1000XM3 - v4.1.1 firmware failure?

Having updated my 1000xm3's over the wekeend, there seems to be an introduction of hiss and a background noise of what sounds like distant traffic (even though I can hear nothing at all without the headphones on) when using Active Noise Cancellation, which was previously stellar. The potency of the noise cancelling is noticeably weaker since updating (I'd estimate around 40% less). Familiar auditory environments which were previously rendered almost entirely silent are now notedly audible. I've checked that the noise cancelling slider is left-most, and indeed it is.

I'm also disappointed to find I can't ask Alexa to play music from Spotify, and I press the button and just say "Play Metallica", it responds with "Shuffling music by Metallica on Amazon Music", yet nothing plays at all.

This update is very much a downgrade as it stands.

422 REPLIES 422
profile.country.CA.title
FrancoLoco

LOL and crying at the same time.. 

profile.country.CA.title
FrancoLoco

Please let me downgrade to 2.0 then, because in my imagination the ANC was better and I don't care about the other features from 4.1.1

profile.country.GB.title
janush_

I just get the answer from Sony Poland that they cannot downgrade the update and to get the old version I must send them my headphones and the will change the chipset... Im not sure if this lady is drunk, ignorant or if its true. If so I will never buy sony again.

profile.country.GB.title
Paprikaa

I hope that the Engineer team from Sony will have a wonderful Christmas.

profile.country.GB.title
Paprikaa

@SonyEngineeringSupport  you are useless, trash and despicable

profile.country.NO.title
AndreasPe

@SonyEngineeringSupport  Welcome to the Forum!

#troll

profile.country.GB.title
ThaDoggFather85
Explorer

@Paprikaa - the @SonyEngineeringSupport account is very likely just a troll trying to wind people up rather than an official account, it is newly registered and has 2 posts so far and both in this thread.

profile.country.GB.title
Paprikaa

@ThaDoggFather85 effectivly , thx..

profile.country.GB.title
Paprikaa

Fake or not, idc. @SonyEngineeringSupport 
If what you're saying is real, know that there is a real issue since the last update 4.1.1, maybe it's not on every headset, but there is an issue. 
Some headsets have now a ANC that is almost useless now, please do something and allow us to downgrade to the 2.0 version..

profile.country.GB.title
GapsOfTheGod

I can only imagine this is some sort of sick joke?! Why would anyone buy
the next iteration of Sony ANC headphones?! I reported this firmware
upgrade problem over a month ago and no solution has been presented through
Sony Support at all.

I have, however, been asked the same questions over and over again. It's
like conversing with a gold fish.

I'm returning my XM3's first thing on Monday for a full refund and will be
giving my money to another manufacturer who takes customer service
seriously.

How insulting your well wishes are!