Join now - be part of our community!

Shorten voice notifications on wh1000xm3

profile.country.GB.title
dr_strangeloop
New

Shorten voice notifications on wh1000xm3

Hello!

Thanks for a great product in these headphones. I would enjoy using them even more if it were possible to shorten or disable the voice notifications that are played every time I switch sound mode. After using the headphones for a couple of days it gets easier to tell which mode is active, and then having to wait for the voice to say 'ambient sound control... off!' gets annoying. Why not just single words for the three modes: 'Cancelling', 'Ambient', 'Off'? Or just remove the voice altogether and have clearly different beep tones? I just find the voice as it is really tiresome. Can you add some options to the app or something in an update? That would be great.

Many thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Skylark001
Explorer

I agree that the voice notifications are intrusive, but only in that:

1. They are spoken slowly, when, given that the sound reproduction is superb, they could be spoken quickly.

and

2. If one selects voice notifications in English one does not have the option of choosing British English RP (Received Pronunciation), so people in the UK are stuck with a voice with an accent from United States.

Please provide two English voice options: USA and UK.

For the UK voice, please employ a professional UK actor with a fine voice and an RP accent.

And please notify us all in the UK when these two changes are made.

Thank you.