Join now - be part of our community!

RE: Sony NW-A45 Walkman Missing Artwork (help)

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
monsterjazzlicks

RE: Sony NW-A45 Walkman Missing Artwork (help)

Hi folks,

I purchase a brand new Sony NW-A45 Walkman two weeks ago from Amazon.

I have tranferred my FLAC format music collection across (from my C-drive) but, as of yet, none of the artwork is being displayed, period.  

I spent many many hours over the past 12 months compiling appropriate artworks for each CD but as I say, they are not showing.  However, they do show on my PC (ie. foobar) and on my Amazon Fire tablet (ie. foobar again).  I was assured - pre-purchase - that this Walkman device does in fact display all and any artworks.

Many thanks in advance for any kind help offered.

Paul (UK)

Keyboards / Composer / Arranger
40 REPLIES 40
profile.country.GB.title
dompaul2
New

Hi

Just bought nw a45 walkman and did not understand why some artworks did not appear.

I checked those artworks were in progressive format, changed them to baseline (just by opening and re-saving the jpg in image software), and yes, now, all artworks are showing properly.

By the way, sony is probably the sole company in the world which handle only baseline jpg ang not progressive ones...

Anyway, many thanks for the tip.

Dominique

profile.country.GB.title
monsterjazzlicks

Hi,

It's a damn inconvenience I would say; having to change the format of your artworks just to suit the compatability of one playback device.

Paul

profile.country.FR.title
Alain7887
Explorer

Hi MonsterJazzLicks,

I have the same issue while using Drag&Drop. Though I can find my files through the menu 'Files' but not through the menu 'Author/songs/etc.'

I read that you are using Itunes succesfully, Good News ! 🙂 I used Windows Media Player as well with the same problem than with Drag&Drop...

Still searching. The brand of the SD Card may be an option. Another user was luckier with a Sony Card than with Sandisk.

Thanks for sharing.

profile.country.GB.title
monsterjazzlicks

Hi Alain,

I am using Wind_10 and not Mac/iTunes.

Many thanks,

Paul

profile.country.GB.title
databus

If you still have cover art missing from your FLAC files. Use "Discogs" to find the album/albums you want cover art for , https://www.discogs.com/   Right click on the cover art and click "Copy Image", now paste it in to a folder of your choice on your PC. Open the Music Centre for PC, (I know you don't rate it but this works). Left click on the 3 bars thing, top left then "File" then "Import folder". Select the folder that your FLAC files are in and click "Import". When the import is done click the "ok" prompt and go to "Albums" in the Music Centre. Go in to "Properties" of the cover art of an album that has it missing. Right click on it or use the 3 dots thing. A window will appear, defaulted to "General", select "Cover art", now select the "Cover art.." link above "Delete". Now browse to the folder you pasted your cover art from "Discogs" and select/left click on the cover art you want. Then click "Open". The window will close and your cover art will be there. Click "ok", job done. Now transfer your albums to your Walkman and the cover art will be there. I know it's long winded but it worked for me every time. I used Music Centre to import my CDs in FLAC and WAV. The cover art was present in music centre. I transferred my WAV files to my Walkman but the cover art didn't show. It's to do with WAV not being a compressed file. It shows as PCM on the Walkman. I couldn't tell any appreciable difference between WAV and FLAC when I listened (Sennheiser Momentum) so as I got cover art with FLAC I deleted the WAV from my Walkman and transferred my FLAC and the covert came with it. Hope this helps. ATB databus.

profile.country.GB.title
paramount7force
Explorer

Hi, I know how to get the artwork working for you. I personally don't have any flacs, I use mp3s however this will work regardless.

Download Tagscanner, once you've downloaded it launch and add your music, drag and drop will be fine. Only add a few thousand at a time as your virtual memory will run out when performing the following tasks otherwise. once you've added your music select them all in Tagscanner. Next on the top right near the middle of Tagscanner there should be a little blank image box with keep written next to it. while all your music is selected click on keep then first off resize your music artwork to 600x600 and click apply. after that is done resizing click on keep again, this time click on recompress and then apply.

these actions will change your embedded artworks from progressive format to 600x600 basic format images. The artwork should now show up perfectly in your NW a45. this method also makes the artwork work universally on 99% of devices and media players.

Cheers.

profile.country.GB.title
Photobug4
Explorer

Same here.  Artwork appears on computer but not on NW-A45.   All other data transfers fine.

profile.country.GB.title
paramount7force
Explorer

i, I know how to get the artwork working for you. I personally don't have any flacs, I use mp3s however this will work regardless.

Download Tagscanner, once you've downloaded it launch and add your music, drag and drop will be fine. Only add a few thousand at a time as your virtual memory will run out when performing the following tasks otherwise. once you've added your music select them all in Tagscanner. Next on the top right near the middle of Tagscanner there should be a little blank image box with keep written next to it. while all your music is selected click on keep then first off resize your music artwork to 600x600 and click apply. after that is done resizing click on keep again, this time click on recompress and then apply.

these actions will change your embedded artworks from progressive format to 600x600 basic format images. The artwork should now show up perfectly in your NW a45. this method also makes the artwork work universally on 99% of devices and media players.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Photobug4
Explorer

Thank you for the reply.  
However, I am over 70 years of age, and do not want to get involved in downloading additional software and going through even more confusing steps for what I had thought was going to be an easy process.  
I appreciate your response, but I guess I have an expensive MP3 player with very limited operation.
Zach (USA)
profile.country.GB.title
Mushii77
Explorer

I am not sure that lack of embedded artwork limits the functionality of the NW-A45. I know a few of my albums on my NW-A55 have no artwork and it does not affect how it plays music. Its an aesthetic issue, not a functionality issue