Join now - be part of our community!

Help with Walkman NW-A30 : Creating and Importing Playlists

profile.country.GB.title
Rumperstump
New

Help with Walkman NW-A30 : Creating and Importing Playlists

I was wondering if anyone could help me with an incredibly annoying issue I've had with my Walkman since I got it for Christmas last year. 

I've been trying to find a way to import playlists to the Walkman, but every option I've been offered has failed me.

I've tried seeing if iTunes would pick it up to no success, I tried media go which worked just as well, I've tried creating playlists in VLC and Windows media player, and recently I used Sony's own Music Center which although does seem to allow playlist transfers to the Walkman, it seems to actually copy over the music files themselves, meaning I would then have duplicates of songs.

This Walkman has been great and allowed me to carry a large amount of music around with me which is exactly what I wanted from it, but the way it handles playlists has been an unnecessary pain. I must've tried every option offered to me in online searches for five months now, and it annoys me that the option to make a new playlist on the device itself is seemingly impossible too.

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Rumperstump,

Welcome to the community.

There is a manual here that says "you can transfer playlists created using Media Go or iTunes to the Walkman" and it seems the preferred format is m3u. Please take a look and see if this helps. Let us know how you get along.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
fatboy100
New

so annoying

Think if you use mp3 your good to go But using flac or aiif no joy

shame such a good music player for heads and streaming

profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

I don't see any issue nor annoyance to create playlist on ur desktop then drag & drop the playlist in the walkman.. I find it convenient with Media Go hehe 

It shouldn't make duplicate except there is a bug or you edit something to the file vs the previous file you transfered and so it will be recognized as a new one. I'm doing that with a WM1A filled with 300Gb of songs and many playlists . Not a single issue...

Creating playlist on the walkman is not possible so sadly you'll have to deal with software for now ^^.