Join now - be part of our community!

h.ear on 2 Headphones: Bluetooth lag when watching TV

profile.country.GB.title
fabricesantoro
New

h.ear on 2 Headphones: Bluetooth lag when watching TV

Does anybody know of a bluetooth adapter/transmitter which eliminates "dialogue lag" when using these headphones with a "non-bluetooth" TV?

I bought an Inateck BR1006 adapter, primarily because it incorporates aptX HD, which is a feature of these Sony headphones.

It's quite an expensive adapter, but the lag is sufficiently noticeable to spoil the watching experience (also evident re the striking of a ball in tennis broadcasts).

The adapter indicates by LED whether it is successfully paired with aptX HD (4 flashes) or aptX low latency (3 flashes), and in the case of these Sony headphones it flashes 4 times.

I'm prompted to consider whether these terms are mutually exclusive, i.e. would I be better off with a low latency adapter which DIDN'T incorporate apteX HD? 

Watching TV is my primary use for the headphones.

For information, I have an ancient pair of Sennheiser "pre-bluetooth" wireless headphones which transmit from their own base, and with these there is zero lag.

Can anybody advise?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi fabricesantoro,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

We're looking into this and will come back asap.

Thanks,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
fabricesantoro
New

Thanks Sean,

Any assistance/advice you may have would be most welcome.

I have also been in contact with the supplier of the Inateck adapter to try to find out whether this can be "set" to reduce latency as much as possible. Currently, it automatically defaults to "aptX HD" mode when paired with the Sony headphones (4 LED flashes each 10 seconds), whereas the indication for "aptX Low Latency" would be 3 LED flashes.

I've no idea whether these modes are mutually exclusive, so I've asked Inateck Customer Support (who are very good, by the way) what I might do next; I'm waiting to hear back from them.

The problem may be wholly with the adapter, but I don't want to run off buying another adapter, evern if reviewed as "low latency" by other people.

I'm very grateful for your intervention, and look forward to any guidance you (or anybody else on the Site for that matter) may be able to offer.

Best regards,

Gordon Smith,

Oakham,

UK