Join now - be part of our community!

wireless lan

olafb
Visitor

wireless lan

Please help before I go out of my mind.

I have set up the pcwa-a320 and have the network receiver connected to my tv. I have followed all the instructions (of which there are so many different forms) and even went through the tutorial (which is more comprehensive and clear) but still no luck. I just don't understand why it is not working.

What I have so far:
when i run the access point scan it finds the access point and reports on the name, ip address and the subnet mask. The server system appears to be up and running (it says it is) and the network receiver light marked 'wireless' is lit green. According to the tutorial this is evidence of a wireless link. However, when I look for servers on the tv screen there are none. I use the refresh option, still no luck. I have come to my wits end. I just don't understand.

Can someone please help. I don't care if the reciever and access point talk to one another automatically or whether I set it up manually, all I care about is it working.

Maybe some questions may help:
1. when I do the scan, the IP address is different from that of the network receiver. Does that matter?
2. On the access page of sony media console there are no devices registered. I have tried to enter the device manually, I know the receivers ip address, I know the subnet mask (except that it only has 6 digits (the first 6) but then I am asked for a default gateway and I haven't a clue what that is.

when I go into 'my network connections' and click on local area network (as the tutorial says) if I select 'obtain ip address automatically' then eventually the little symbol in the task bar says 'limited or no connectivity'. If I put back the ip address that was there before I selected that option then the message disappears. I am lost.

Any help, any, would be appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0