Join now - be part of our community!

why cant i find support for vaio sve151j11m?

profile.country.en_GB.title
lucy281078
Visitor

why cant i find support for vaio sve151j11m?

i own a vaio sve151j11m and ive looked everywhere for support as my son accidently has wiped all my vaio preinstalled software off it,and i need it back on,even the reset to factory settings doent reinstall it as ive tried,where can i get the help i need as ive looked everyday for a week all over the internet to no avail : s thankyou very much for your answers people

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi lucy281078,

The problem is that you are not using the correct product number - the reference you are using Is the chassis model number.

This causes confusion on no end of occations and Sony should really make the model product number more clear.

Have a look for a white sticker on the underside, stating 'product number' - this will probably start with SEV1151.

A reinstall to factory settings should reinsall all of the pre-installed Sony software and Sony drivers and utilities.

Once you have identified the correct product number and give us details of measures taken during the recovery we may be able to advise further, but the Sony software is not generally available to download.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
djorge
New

Sorryrich912, but I amgoing through the sameproblem.Bought a laptop Sonystore-UK(Westfieldshopping center),just a little over a year and it just stopped working.There's practically nothing installed.Press the power button,it turns on the 3 lights(caps, num...)and are switched on.The fan works.If I insert a dvd I hear the motor work and then stop,but the screen remains black and it doesn't work.Try to find something on the website of Sony, but  model and serie's  laptop (where it says model and series) is:SVE151J11M(model).It all became a big confusion and a big head ache.I can't solve the problem of the laptop that I have no idea what it is.And what would be simple(find a laptop model on website) this are al nuisance!
Do you have an idea what could be going wrong with this laptop? Why it no working? It is Core i3, Win8.0 4MB RAM.  Model, Serie and product name, says don t exist, but it is on laptop label and documentation.
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi djorge,

I obviously can’t diagnose a problem such as this from a distance but I think you will find the correct Product Name is SVE1512C6E. There is little you can do yourself to troubleshoot apart from reseating the memory modules or removing battery and power supply and holding down the power button for 30 seconds before reattaching both and rebooting. You could also try attaching an external monitor.

Either Sony Support or a local repairer may be able to help further.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SVE1512C6E

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

I have the same problem did you get it fixed

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi hheatherm1,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

Which problem do you actaully have because there are two different issues listed in this thread..

The first post mentions that the the pre-installed applications have been wiped whereas the second poster mentions that the screen remains black when booting up their Vaio..