Join now - be part of our community!

vaio control center has disappeared

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
cwathen
Visitor

vaio control center has disappeared

I am using a VGN-NR10E/S with Vista Home Premium.  The Control Center seems to have gone missing overnight.  The icon has changed and when I click on it I get the message "C:\Programfiles\Sony\Vaio Control Center\Vaio Control Center.exe not valid".  I seem to be getting a lot of problems lately.  Last week my function keys stopped working and you helped me fix this, but they appear to not be working again.  I can manage without the function keys but not without Control Centre.  Can anyone help please.   Thanks.  :angry:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You’re very welcome cwathen. Pleased to hear that all is now back to normal:smileyhappy:

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi cwathen,

Have you carried out a FULL virus scan recently?

Re-installing the utilities as suggested in a reply to your previous post should reinstate both the Fn key functions and Vaio Control Center, but you could possibly have other problems.

If a Virus scan followed by re-install of the utilities has no effect then maybe you should consider a return to factory defaults using either the HDD recovery utility or your recovery disks.

Be aware that you will lose all personal data if you take this route so backup all data you need...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
cwathen
Visitor

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I have Norton Internet Security installed so shouldn't have any viruses and the system is showing safe but will run a check and reinstall the utilities as before.  Will update when I have done this.  Thanks. 

cwathen
Visitor

Thanks once again.  When I went to set a Recovery Point I noticed that when I extracted Event Service, Control Centre was deleted so it me who had inadvertently deleted it.   I have followed your advice and everything is working again now.  I have checked and no viruses on system.  Very grateful.  Would have been clueless without your help.  :smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You’re very welcome cwathen. Pleased to hear that all is now back to normal:smileyhappy:

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
flogger12345
Visitor

Just for future reference, all security softwares including Norton is not 100% guarrantee of detecting online threats. Creating a system restore point regularly should be a best practice to avoid things like this in the future. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vbulletin-smile.gif

Message was edited by: flogger12345

Message was edited by: flogger12345

cwathen
Visitor

Thanks for the advice.  Will do in future.  Thanks. 

ebobek
Explorer

Wanted to update Vaio Control Center.

The link found under Software updates and downloaded VAIO Control Center - 6.0.21.13060 (exe) file, Run.

It removed the older version of VCC, and required restarting.

After restarting nothing happened.

Went to Softare updates site again, relaunched the application, which denies updating since "there is no software version found suitable for update, update will not be done".

Very true, this has just been removed by the same app...

If anyone has a clue - thanks