Join now - be part of our community!

sound pauses when I type

profile.country.GB.title
Goslings
New

sound pauses when I type

Hi
we have a PCV-RZ221 (bought Sep 2003)
We have realplayer and windows player installed (sorry sonic stage does not support my pocket PC)
When we listen to music on a CD or directly on the system through any of the above, and you type on the keyboard (web address in explorer) the music slows down or begins to pause very badly
Anyone know how to solve this ??:smileycry:

35 REPLIES 35
profile.country.GB.title
Goslings
New

with over 440 views on the posting, (best in top 6 pages) it must be interesting some
:smileygrin:
But still cant believe that nobody out there does not have a soluton or have seen this before.
Ian

William
Visitor

If you do contact Sony officially thru Vaio-Link their first reponse will undoubtedly be "Do a full Restore".:smileysad:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah that's about all.

profile.country.GB.title
Goslings
New

A sad sad :slight_frown: sign of the times.
And that is why I give Sony Support (or any comapny with this type of response) 1 out of 10.
Even in the business of the gif under my id this became the norm, nobody seems to have the skills anymore to resolve prolems with logic and though. Sledge-hammer support .

I'll try and search elsewhere, for those 440 viewers.

William
Visitor

Without wishing to inflame the situation I would still strongly suggest you do a full restore in an attempt to rectify your problem.

It may well cure your problem. I often disagree with sony's stance on support but in this instance it seems entirely logical to do a full restore.

If you had a knackered hard drive or duff screen then obviously this advice would be ludicrous.

Whats the alternative, this thread gets longer and longer and you still have your "pause".

Peronally, if I was in your situation I would have tried a full restore a long time ago despite the hassle of doing so.

At leats then if there was no improvement i could post that result here and contact Sony safe in the knowledge that this has already been tried.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hmm it's either that or have it repaired by Sony.