Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio VPCEB 4E4E/pcg71311m laptop keyboard & mouse not working

Sony Vaio VPCEB 4E4E/pcg71311m laptop keyboard & mouse not working

Hi guys, I have this Laptop details: Sony Vaio VPCEB 4E4E/pcg71311m laptop, its keyboard and mouse doesn't work at all, I have tried all the possible solutions like testing in safe mode and double checked the bios settings as per a blog I found online. The keyboard does work in safe mode, but mouse doesn't responds in it either, I tried few online peripherals test such as this keyboard test and bunch of other online tests, on them keyboard works fine (while in safe mode) but the situation of mouse remains same, do I need a replacement or I can fix it with a little software tweaking.
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi robynhairston and welcome.

It sounds like a keyboard and mouse driver issue. Have you made any changes on the Vaio recently!

Try, in safe mode, going to Device Manager (via Control Panel) find the keyboard (it will probably say PS2 Keyboard) and uninstall

the driver. Reboot and the system will reinstall the correct keyboard driver.

You may need to find a mouse driver and install it - I’ll see if I can find which one you need when I get home this evening.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey robynhairston, if the steps mentioned above didn't work, you might want to send it for inspection:

https://locator.sony/en_GB/servicecenters/?zoom=5&latitude=54.29088&longitude=-2.37305&categories=pe...