Join now - be part of our community!

Sony deleted all my files!

SOLVED
Sirsok
Explorer

Sony deleted all my files!

Hi,

Ive recently sent away my sony laptop to be repaired, it was actually an issue with the charging port, despite waiting for it to return for a month I was delighted to get it back, only to discover absolutely everything to be gone from my laptop, any programs, picture videos etc, completely wiped cleaned. Is there any reason for this and is there anything that can be dont to rectify the situation, im absolutely gutted over this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Sirsok and welcome to the Sony User Community.

If you read your Guarantee Documentation, the first thing you will see under 'Guarantee' is: -

Guarantee
Page 17

Guarantee
IMPORTANT
:
Before any services are provided on the Product and in the event that
Sony might have to delete data, you must ensure that you back up the contents of
your hard drive, including any data you have stored or software you have installed
on the hard drive. Sony shall not be responsible for any damage to or loss of any
programs, data or other information stored on any media or any part of any Product

service

To be fair, I would have expected Sony to make this clear before your Vaio was taken for repair as nothing can be done now.  Often Sony will ask for the Vaio to be returned to factory condition before sending it for repair.  Sony will frequently carry out a System Recovery to check the Vaio is working properly with the Sony supplied software.

:slight_frown:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Sirsok and welcome to the Sony User Community.

If you read your Guarantee Documentation, the first thing you will see under 'Guarantee' is: -

Guarantee
Page 17

Guarantee
IMPORTANT
:
Before any services are provided on the Product and in the event that
Sony might have to delete data, you must ensure that you back up the contents of
your hard drive, including any data you have stored or software you have installed
on the hard drive. Sony shall not be responsible for any damage to or loss of any
programs, data or other information stored on any media or any part of any Product

service

To be fair, I would have expected Sony to make this clear before your Vaio was taken for repair as nothing can be done now.  Often Sony will ask for the Vaio to be returned to factory condition before sending it for repair.  Sony will frequently carry out a System Recovery to check the Vaio is working properly with the Sony supplied software.

:slight_frown: