Join now - be part of our community!

Memory Stick Pro into SD slot

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
faithx

Memory Stick Pro into SD slot

Hiya Guys

Quick question,

I have a new VAIO Fit 15E and just went to put my Memory Stick Pro-HG Duo from my NEX-5 into the slot.  I might be completely stupid, but with my previous VAIO the SD slot seems smaller making the Memory Stick fit perfectly.  With this new VAIO, the slot seems too big and I don't want to push the Memory Stick in any further in case it gets stuck.  Any ideas, as to whether I do need to push it in further or whether my new model isn't able to accept this smaller stick?

Cheers

Faith x

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Faith.

Hmmmmm....  Most Vaios have two slots - one for SD and one for MS.  It looks like Sony have dispensed with the MemoryStick slot on the new Vaio Fit.  This is a bit odd as MemoryStick is a Sony format - perhaps they are bowing to commercial pressures as most people use SD Cards these days.

I think you can still use MemoryCard Duo Cards but you need a cheap  adapter like this: -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Memory-Stick-Adaptor-Sony-Card/dp/B000VN768U/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=13756542...

Alternatively, you can use an external USB Card Reader or you can change to using SD Cards in your NEX-5.

Hope you are OK - See you soon?

:thinking:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Faith.

Hmmmmm....  Most Vaios have two slots - one for SD and one for MS.  It looks like Sony have dispensed with the MemoryStick slot on the new Vaio Fit.  This is a bit odd as MemoryStick is a Sony format - perhaps they are bowing to commercial pressures as most people use SD Cards these days.

I think you can still use MemoryCard Duo Cards but you need a cheap  adapter like this: -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Memory-Stick-Adaptor-Sony-Card/dp/B000VN768U/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=13756542...

Alternatively, you can use an external USB Card Reader or you can change to using SD Cards in your NEX-5.

Hope you are OK - See you soon?

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
faithx

Thank you so much hun, glad it's not just me being dumb :flushed: 

But isn't that such a load of crap, that I can't even slot my Sony Nex card into my Sony laptop!

I can of course just use my USB cable, but that means having to carry yet another cable around with me, so looks like I have to get the adaptor.

And yes, meet up soon, in fact I'll email you soon, as I'm just finalising a drive up north over the next couple of months - definitely over due for a lunch date :kissing_heart: