Join now - be part of our community!

hard disk upgrade c1ve picturebook

harshalshah5
Visitor

hard disk upgrade c1ve picturebook

its me again, i forgot to mention if it is possible to upgrade hard disk as well to abt 40-60 gb?? ne links to find cheap ones and to confirm its 2.5" ide..

does any one know where to get maximum extended battery for c1ve?? which gives atleast 5-6 hrs of charge??

thank you

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

You'd be lucky to find accessories for the C series now, as it's getting on 4 years old (jeez already?!)

Try VAIO-Link

William
Visitor

This link may lead to answers to some of your questions:

LINK

harshalshah5
Visitor

thanks for the link, i might end up using my external usb hard drive. looking for a docking station now.. :wink:

always expensive at the end
cheers

kee-lo_

There's a docking station too?
I remember seeing a box with 1x USB, 1xRJ45 and AV

harshalshah5
Visitor

well i hve similiar view too, but i heard targus make universal docking stations powered by usb im unsure and need you ppl's advice coz picturebooks like mine (vintage models :wink: ) have usb 1 instead of 2.0 which are slower. there is only 1 usb 1.0 port, i pcmcia slot and couple of others so i definetely need a rj-45 to connect broadband and i need something like atleast 3 usb ports to connect extras..

ne ideas abt cheaper ones?? i forked out all my budget on picturebook so im really low on cash now and damn!! those credit card bills, they tend to be lifelong companions

cheers
Harshal

kee-lo_

I've never used a 3rd party docking station, but you could easily pop a network PCMCIA card in, then you have RJ45 or even wireless.

harshalshah5
Visitor

i borrowed my friend's usb lan adapter for time being which he dosent use anymore. but im looing for the docking station for this model, i heard ppl say that there are ones which officialy were sold to be used in sony picturebooks..

kee-lo_

Keep you eyes peeled to eBay - looks like Sony don't really care much for the ol' PictureBook which is a real crying shame as it was a landmark

harshalshah5
Visitor

thats very true, im looking almost everyday on ebay and other relative sites.

this site has information about picturebooks which is good
www.stevebarr.com

cheers