Join now - be part of our community!

Difficulty registering new Vaio E Series

nick6024
New

Difficulty registering new Vaio E Series

Hoping someone can help, i am trying to register a laptop through Vaio care.  I have provided the serial number which agrees to both the laptop and Vaio Care yet the registration process says my registration details cannot be found.

I have managed to register the laptop through the main Sony wesite but not through the process as setout in the setup guide provided with the laptop!  Slightly concerned as i have an extended warranty and worried that this will not activate without completing this registration.

Any comments/suggestions most welcome.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
nelsonjp
New

This sounds similar to the horror story I have been going through. Probably not much help but it may be comforting to know there is someone else with the same problem.

Trying to get support has been just terrible. The phone support lines require that you enter your serial number, but the serial number is not recognised and there is no way to talk to a human being.

This also means that online, you are not allowed to access any support services, Vaio update also fails, and I can't even generate recovery disks without failures.

I eventually tried calling the sales lines and they advised I 'pretend to have bought a camera' as the support lines for cameras link to a human. I have done that three times with slightly more information each time but no solution. The last guy assured me that the problem was a fault in the Sony support servers. He said that they were not recognising serial numbers from the new line of Sony laptops. He then said that they expected it to take a month for it to be fixed.

Without any doubt this is the worst experience with a new laptop I have ever had.

If anyone else knows the truth of what is going on, or any workarounds for creating recovery disks, getting Viao updates, registering the products and getting meaningful support, I will be happy to hear from them.

Viao model SVF15A1C5E, Viao Care version 8.2.0.15030