Join now - be part of our community!

Contacting Sony by writing

profile.country.en_GB.title
umzyi99
Visitor

Contacting Sony by writing

Hi,

I own a VPCF22 series laptop. I bought it last year august 2011. It has already gone for repair twice. I have just received it back last week from the repair centre after 2 weeks. As soon as i opened the box, my tears have come out!!!

It has been all scratched all over and still not properly fixed. I have reported to sony and they are asking me to send the pictures. They are advising me send back to repair centre.

I mean how man times sony needs to send it to repair centre. After crying and begging on the phone several times, a supervisor came on the phone and spoke to me.

I have been in contact with the citizens advice bureau; they have suggested me to write sony head office.

The complaint letter i have sent it to this address:

Sony UK – Head Office

Sony Europe Limited

The Heights,

Brooklands,

Weybridge,

Surrey,

KT13 0XW

UK

Could you please confirm, if this is the correct address. Or do i need to send it to this one:

Sony Customer Relations

Sony Europe Limited

Jays Close

Viables

Basingstoke

RG22  4SB

I have also shown the laptop and its condition to the member of citizens advice bureau and explained the whole case including how many times it has been to the repair centre, many advisors has hung up and shouted on me. I have the names of the people including the call times, how sony messed up sent my laptop to another address even though it was collected from the correct address.

In the end I want to return this laptop and get either an exchange or a refund.

Could you please advice me if the letter has been sent to the correct address and whether Sony will respond to me.

I have also been advised by citizens advice bureau that if Sony does'nt do anything satisfactory, They could help me file the case to small claims court.

Any advice on this matter will be appreciated.

Regards

Umzyi

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Umzyi,

The Basingstoke address may have been the better option, but a request has been made for Support to check that your complaint has been received and is being acted upon.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
umzyi99
Visitor

Thanks Rich for a prompt reply.

Just to check, Is this request made from the Sony Vaio support or from the  Head Office? I no longer prefer to deal with the support centre, rather wish to speak to someone from the UK.

I was told by the Sony support that they will escalate my case to highers in order to get a refund.

No one from the customer relation team in the UK has contacted me to since i have sent the letter and this is the most annoying part that no one from the higher officals are ready to listen to the whole situation.

What can i expect now from Sony? Could you kindly advice me on this?

Regards

Umzyi

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Umzyi,

I have replied to your PM.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
aja007

Hi Rich,

I am having a similar lack of support from Customer Services (albeit with a Sony CMT-MX 750NI).

I have written to Sony UK's MD but still no reply therefore I would be grateful if you could pm me too as you did for Umzyl.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi aja007,

Unfortunately I no longer have copies of PM’s from the period you refer to so am uncertain about the content.

Perhaps if you detail your problem on the open forum someone may be able to help/advise.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat