Join now - be part of our community!

blue lines running down my screen

profile.country.en_GB.title
adamslondon
Visitor

blue lines running down my screen

hi guys

Iv been having problems with my fz38m for some while now and have formated my hard drive many times. each time i do a fresh install ( windows 7 enterpise 32bit) the blue lines dissappear however after a day or so  they return. also whenever i download drivers fo my nvidia or intel chipset it does not boot up unless i go in safe mode an uninstall drivers for graphics.

Is my laptop having problems because the graphic card is knackered or because i dont have the right drivers? these blue lines are not visable or white or light coloured back ground.... please help if you have had simular problems.

finally where can i buy or download a recovery cd so my laptop goes back to exacttly how it was when i bought it

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
binbash

Hi adamslondon,

It looks like your graphics card is the issue, your model was one of those affected by the Sony recall.

Take a look at the post here which may help https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/795844

binbash

adamslondon
Visitor

hi

thanks for the reply. i recently went back to vista and for a while it worked perfectly, now its gone complety kaput, when it boots up i get green lines and once im logged on the picture is totally distored, i cant even change resolution.. do you know if this is due to drivers missing or has my graphics card finally packed up

thanks