Join now - be part of our community!

kdl-32cx523

profile.country.en_GB.title
jordant90
Visitor

kdl-32cx523

Hi,

I recently bought this TV about a month ago and was looking forward to watching good quality TV on Freeview HD. However, when tuning the TV it wasn't picking up the HD channels. After a software update, I found the HD channels in the list, in the right places, but no picture. I then did a re-tune and the channels dissapeard all together. Does anybody know what could be the cause of this and how I would go about getting the HD channels back.

Many thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi jordant90,

Welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Are you able to view any freeview channels.?

Were you able to view freeview channels on your old TV.?

Do you have an aerial plugged into the round aerial socket on your Bravia TV..

Have you checked that your area is capable of recieving Freeview HD - TV Regions in the UK

Have you checked that your current aerial, if you have one, is suitable for freeview HD, you may find you'll need an upgrade.?

jordant90
Visitor

Hi Thalamus.

Yes I have freeview channels.

Yes I had freeview on my old TV.

Yes my freeview is connected via an aerial satellite dish which is in the loft.

Yes my area is capable of receiving Freeview HD and how do I check my aerial? That's why it stumped me when the channels appeard and then dissapeard.

Thanks.

Bravia55HX

Hi,

As Thalamus said in answer 5, its usually always an aerial issue, someone else on here lost channels and i suggested a replacement (digital) aerial and that solved the problem, the aerial is the most neglected component in any home entertainment set up.

check your menu on your tv, you should be able to find a signal strength meter and signal quality meter in there, it needs to be as near to 100% as possible.

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923