Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia X10 battery charging and start up problems?

SOLVED
Sultan
Visitor

Xperia X10 battery charging and start up problems?

I was finally able to upload the software using SUS (my previous discussion thread). The phone works but if I leave the phone on the charger over night, the phone is dead and will not power on. No blinking red, orange or green light, just dead. I can press the "start" button and nothing will happen. The only way around it is to pull out the battery, wait a few minutes and try a couple of times till it comes back to life. Sometimes I have to swap batteries, since I  have 3 by now. The battery always shows 40% to 80% charge when it does come back to life, so what is happening? What I have also noticed that if I unplug the charger at it hits 98/99%, I am okay and the phone doesn't die. I don't have this problem with my other LG Windows based smartphone. It is quite a hassle babysitting this phone.

15 REPLIES 15
Not applicable

bro, ive tried this...but, no response..may be my battery is down enough or busted...anyway, tnank you for your help..

Sultan
Visitor

I THOUGHT I HAD FIGURED OUT THE PROBLEM BUT SAME PROBLEM AGAIN. WENT OUT AND BOUGHT A SE OEM CHARGER. PLUGGED THE PHONE AND SAY WITHIN 15 to 20 MINUTES THE PHONE IS DEAD AGAIN. WORKED FINE WHEN I WAS CHARGING IT THROUGH MY LAPTOP. NOW ALL I GET IS A BLEEPING RED LIGHT. LAPTOP WON"T EVEN RECOGNIZE THE PHONE FOR UPDATE. TOOK OUT THE BATTERY, TRIED AGAIN AND AGAIN, WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? I HAVE NEVER WASTED SO MUCH TIME ON A PHONE.

Xilinx
Visitor

Same problem here with my X10 mini pro, only the red light flickers and nothing more.

I do have a 2nd X10 where I could charge my battery upto 100%, nevertheless a fully charged battery does not revive the phone...

Repair with SE Companion can't happen because the phone never turns on...

Wish there was a solution for this from SE!

AmandaOrdinal
Visitor

Not a happy camper at all!

New battery doesnt work. New charger doesnt work.

I NEED this phone. I use it for work and Rogers doesnt seem to give a rats butt.

They wont help me.

They are classing it as a died phone.

Buy a new one they say!

Who had 500 + dollars to through around like that!

VERY unhappy.

seni
Visitor

I have the same issue..I used non SE charger..then i followed ur step..chargin my phone at laptop..but it's not working..i even bought new batery but stil not solved...can s/body plz help me?..:(

jm_drilon12
Visitor

what charger compatible in x10i ?  
my phone not charging in oppo ang cherry mobile charger ..